The National - Cherry Tree Club

I hope not, I still can't believe it hasn't made its way to you. No excuse.

The worst is the lack of information /reaction they have/show. Apparently I am far from being the only one in the situation.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's here! Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's damaged! Would you guys ask for a replacement for this kind of damage?

View attachment 51214
Not if it’s just the outer box. The one issue with this set is the lack of outer sleeves for the three LPs, so the boxes are underfilled and thus fragile. Given the length of the journey for this thing, asking for another one may be the definition of insanity.

Not if it’s just the outer box. The one issue with this set is the lack of outer sleeves for the three LPs, so the boxes are underfilled and thus fragile. Given the length of the journey for this thing, asking for another one may be the definition of insanity.
I would echo that sentiment, if it is just cosmetic damage in one spot I wouldn't request a replacement even domestically (much less internationally). Now if there was any other damage, cosmetic or otherwise, that would be a different answer

I would echo that sentiment, if it is just cosmetic damage in one spot I wouldn't request a replacement even domestically (much less internationally). Now if there was any other damage, cosmetic or otherwise, that would be a different answer
I would. You waited 3 damn months for the thing.

I'll ask for a replacement or at least a new box without the records. I probably wouldn't have asked otherwise but their lack of information, the fact that they were super late in shipping our membership gifts and that they used the worst carrier leads me to think that I'll ask for a replacement. I'll check the records this evening to see is everything is ok.

So it's been a few weeks and I emailed them back to check up on it.

AND I'M GETTING A COPY OF IT!!!!! just gotta pay shipping costs.
It's been so long I forgot which volume you're getting haha. Did you buy Vol 1 when they restocked? Or got a copy of vol2?

It's been so long I forgot which volume you're getting haha. Did you buy Vol 1 when they restocked? Or got a copy of vol2?
I believe his Vol 2 got shipped to the wrong (his old) address even though he had updated his address with the store well before the item was shipped.

I believe his Vol 2 got shipped to the wrong (his old) address even though he had updated his address with the store well before the item was shipped.
well @Memo if you ever somehow end up getting that other copy......hit me up haha.
It was for the Vol.2 which is going for ridiculous prices on Discogs. So $12 for shipping is nothing lol
Yeah, the whole issue was that the store address is different from the Cherry Tree membership address. So it was sent, luckily, USPS claimed fault so they sent me a letter stating they lost the package and it helped my case in getting a replacement.
If they ever return it or forward it, then yeah. it's all yours @MikeH. But since they got it in mid april, theres not much hope they will actually send it. which is frustrating

It was for the Vol.2 which is going for ridiculous prices on Discogs. So $12 for shipping is nothing lol
Yeah, the whole issue was that the store address is different from the Cherry Tree membership address. So it was sent, luckily, USPS claimed fault so they sent me a letter stating they lost the package and it helped my case in getting a replacement.
If they ever return it or forward it, then yeah. it's all yours @MikeH. But since they got it in mid april, theres not much hope they will actually send it. which is frustrating
Well either way, glad you're getting a copy and fingers crossed it actually arrives this time haha

Is anyone never going to use their National sweatband that came with their Vol. 2 box? If so, could I buy it off them for $5?

I've been using the one that came in my box almost daily running. I have to wash it after each time and it doesn't get fully air dried until the following day, so having two would be ideal. I could easily just buy like a pack of 3 for $5 somewhere online but that's boring.

Is anyone never going to use their National sweatband that came with their Vol. 2 box? If so, could I buy it off them for $5?

I've been using the one that came in my box almost daily running. I have to wash it after each time and it doesn't get fully air dried until the following day, so having two would be ideal. I could easily just buy like a pack of 3 for $5 somewhere online but that's boring.
I read the first paragraph and thought “yeah I’ll probably never use mine.”

Then I read the second paragraph and thought “oh yeah I should just use it when I ride my bike!” Somehow that hadn’t occurred to me before. I already use my TMR Vault #40 bandana which I tie around my neck for a situational face covering. Now I’ll just need to wear a (pre-2019) Ten Club analog t-shirt every time and I’ll be fully Vinyl Clubbed out.

Back