The National - Cherry Tree Club

Mine arrived yesterday, a day early! The show is Great! The song choices, the flow, the energy to it all…it’s definitely a special show and I’m happy they chose this one. I mean start to finish, the set keeps me on my toes because yeah it’s not how they usually do it. I especially love the run from Secret Meeting into Geese.

Are y’all’s copy pretty quiet? Seems I have to turn up the volume a little bit more than usual on other records…
Also yes this. I not only had to really clean the records, like multiple times, but also I had to really crank that volume. Setting that aside, it still sounds mostly good

I finally got shipping notice...and I leave tomorrow for a week. I'm sure the fine folks at USPS that are holding my mail will take good care of.

I know it's to be expected, but the fact that there are 9 copies of this for sale on discogs ($165-300!) is everything that's wrong with this hobby. You joined the club just so you could flip the records? That's commitment.

I finally got shipping notice...and I leave tomorrow for a week. I'm sure the fine folks at USPS that are holding my mail will take good care of.

I know it's to be expected, but the fact that there are 9 copies of this for sale on discogs ($165-300!) is everything that's wrong with this hobby. You joined the club just so you could flip the records? That's commitment.
Got a notification yesterday....that it shipped on 6/28/2021.
What that means about when its gonna arrive - your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions: mgp

Yep it is just like the colored represses of the older National records recently. I never buy a record just to flip. I could have made a killing if I would have bought multiple copies of the Brandi Carlile Story repress or the new repress of Boygenius but it isn't who I am.

Last edited:
Which one of ya is the culprit below? 😂 talk about a fan! Taken from cherry tree insta

View attachment 104565
That’s a nice collection. I don’t buy duplicates…well, I buy duplicates but I typically only keep a single copy of each. I don’t have the Sorrows box, The Light Years EP or the singles but I have a single copy of everything else.

If this was anyone from here my money would be on @threesunrises .

That’s a nice collection. I don’t buy duplicates…well, I buy duplicates but I typically only keep a single copy of each. I don’t have the Sorrows box, The Light Years EP or the singles but I have a single copy of everything else.

If this was anyone from here my money would be on @threesunrises .
Not me, but I know him via groups on FB.
I have everything shown in that pic, and more😱

this photo is from a year ago… I’ve added a lot

1625287237030.jpeg

Is there any chance of a Cherry Tree version of the new Big Red Machine album or do you guys think it would have been announced already?

No solo projects? Like the desner compositions/soundtracks or Matt’s recent solo? 👀
I have all that. As I said, the photo I posted is from a year ago Before Serpentine Prison was released.

ETA: just looked at my Discog… I have 7 editions of Serpentine Prison and one is still en route (the chartreuse pressing) I got pissed at my husband one day and said screw it, I’m ordering another copy!

Last edited:
Back