The National - Cherry Tree Club

Still nothing here. Looking like ours won't arrive til after the 4th :(

Not surprising. I love the yearly vinyl. But the Club leaves a lot to be desired. Last year we got the vinyl in April/May, this year June/July, next year September/October and I am still pissed at them for not being forthcoming about how limited the colored represses of ST, SSFDL and Cherry Tree were.

No notice here yet either. I keep thinking today is the day, but nope. Didn't their last update say they would have it all shipped in like the next four days? Hasn't it been that time by now? I can't remember.

Not surprising. I love the yearly vinyl. But the Club leaves a lot to be desired. Last year we got the vinyl in April/May, this year June/July, next year September/October and I am still pissed at them for not being forthcoming about how limited the colored represses of ST, SSFDL and Cherry Tree were.
This is my first "year" and I don't know if I can say there is anything to cheer about being a member as of yet. Outside of the "value" these yearly offerings tend to have, I don't know how long I'll stick around.

When I first signed up for Cherry Tree I accidentally typed my email as .con instead of .com. Their systems didn't catch that and I had to contact them to get my account fixed. I get the promo emails but I've never received a shipping notice when I buy things from them.

This is my first "year" and I don't know if I can say there is anything to cheer about being a member as of yet. Outside of the "value" these yearly offerings tend to have, I don't know how long I'll stick around.
I understand why you feel this way. Without any tour going on, the perks have been few other than perhaps a different LP variant or color of t-shirt / hoodie. I signed up within 5 minutes of CT being announced and must say, particularly the first year, it was an amazing club. I got to attend a soundcheck in Florida, had access to multiple presales that set me up with great seats (or GA with early admission) etc. These fan club gifts have been pretty great when compared to other clubs - as much as I love Pearl Jam, my ticket lottery luck has been dismal and they've discontinued the holiday singles. I'm going to keep my membership in the hopes that once the tour is rescheduled, we will have presale opportunities once again and perhaps more perks.

The value of the package is probably worth more than $50 with a 2xLP + art print + stickers + other goodies. But if I wasn't a huge, massive fan of the band, waiting to get our "2020 package" halfway through 2021 would be pretty annoying. I don't know if the band can blame the pandemic because the Vol. 2 box was also delayed for most of 2019 and we only got them in April 2020. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with pressing plants or any other delays. Paying up front and then still not having the product is very frustrating.

If they're doing shows, the membership is worth it. I got 5th row at Red Rocks and limited balcony seats for a show in Atlanta through the membership. It's not been as great without the shows but the Cherry Tree limited edition vinyl packages and other vinyl offerings are pretty nice.

And I was feeling pretty good about #8! (Also blue)

Agreed with all that it’s beautifully done. In a past life, I did some work with Pentagram, who has been designing the National’s stuff for a while. Hugely talented design firm. Apparently Scott used to work there.

I wanted to work at Pentagram! Went to school at Parsons way back in the mid-late 80's. Sadly, a bit too early to meet Scott there.

ETA: another friend who ordered the blue/white split got one in the 700s
I never made the connection until now but my mate works for them here in London. They do so much its insane, such a varied mix of design.

If they're doing shows, the membership is worth it. I got 5th row at Red Rocks and limited balcony seats for a show in Atlanta through the membership. It's not been as great without the shows but the Cherry Tree limited edition vinyl packages and other vinyl offerings are pretty nice.

Yup, I assume the vinyl will always be at least $50 on discogs, which it has been for the most part, and if/when I get a ticket like that it makes it all worth it. Now if they can schedule some shows I can go to.

The value of the package is probably worth more than $50 with a 2xLP + art print + stickers + other goodies. But if I wasn't a huge, massive fan of the band, waiting to get our "2020 package" halfway through 2021 would be pretty annoying. I don't know if the band can blame the pandemic because the Vol. 2 box was also delayed for most of 2019 and we only got them in April 2020. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with pressing plants or any other delays. Paying up front and then still not having the product is very frustrating.
(Above emphasis mine)

I am STILL waiting for my Pearl Jam holiday singles from 2017 & 2018! 7" singles! They finally started shipping them out a few months ago but none have made it to the east coast yet. It's beyond frustrating, especially since they keep releasing other merch / vinyl vaults to order.
A friend of ours in TenClub who lives in California decided he doesn't want or need the 2017/2018 singles and sent his to us.... at least 6 weeks ago, yet 10c members in the east haven't received anything. I finally received my vault last week which I think we paid for at least a year ago. Pandemic blame is a crock.

(Above emphasis mine)

I am STILL waiting for my Pearl Jam holiday singles from 2017 & 2018! 7" singles! They finally started shipping them out a few months ago but none have made it to the east coast yet. It's beyond frustrating, especially since they keep releasing other merch / vinyl vaults to order.
A friend of ours in TenClub who lives in California decided he doesn't want or need the 2017/2018 singles and sent his to us.... at least 6 weeks ago, yet 10c members in the east haven't received anything. I finally received my vault last week which I think we paid for at least a year ago. Pandemic blame is a crock.

Yep, at some point someone has to take responsibility. It is called planning, some bands should try it.

Back