The National - Cherry Tree Club

Mine Is probably close to that but I don’t have the Lot of Sorrow box set. @Bennnnn probably has a really good National collection as well.
Haha yeah that does look pretty close to my collection. But I also do not have the A Lot Of Sorrow box set. I'll put it this way, I have multiple copies of every single album (except only one for Alligator), 3 7"s (wish I had more), and the Day of the Dead box set (which I haven't seen mentioned yet!)

Not me, but I know him via groups on FB.
I have everything shown in that pic, and more😱

this photo is from a year ago… I’ve added a lot

View attachment 104574
Now this is like...complete. Holy shit.

Haha yeah that does look pretty close to my collection. But I also do not have the A Lot Of Sorrow box set. I'll put it this way, I have multiple copies of every single album (except only one for Alligator), 3 7"s (wish I had more), and the Day of the Dead box set (which I haven't seen mentioned yet!)
If you look closely at my photo, you'll see Day of the Dead in the cube directly behind Boxer. There is a white box set just to the right of it (I think it's the amazon Long Strange Trip box set) If I'm feeling ambitious later, I may pull everything out and take an updated photo.

My copy arrived today! currently on side B and sounds amazing so far! I really enjoy Matt's banter between songs here and there.
View attachment 104300
Happy to report everything arrived in tip-top shape…
View attachment 103631
The art print is pretty nice. It appears to be silk screened but isn’t numbered or signed not that it really matters.

Mine arrived.

Blue Print, Boot & Longhorn & TX Map stickers, and Koozie.
Seeing a lot more folks posting about the Blue Art print, I’m wondering if the Peach (?) or Gold a more limited item.

Regardless, very pleased with this years offering. Would have traded the stickers and Koozie in for a gatefold - but they are fun.

When people say “brown” are they referring to the light orange/peach print or is that a third one? (I got the light orange one)

When people say “brown” are they referring to the light orange/peach print or is that a third one? (I got the light orange one)
I think there are 3 variants floating around. the Blue, the Pink, and the Tan/Brown. I received the tan color and it’s fine but the Pink better compliments with the album jacket and the blue works better with the nightscape imagery featured on the print.

I think there are 3 variants floating around. the Blue, the Pink, and the Tan/Brown. I received the tan color and it’s fine but the Pink better compliments with the album jacket and the blue works better with the nightscape imagery featured on the print.
Wish my daughter would get her butt over here as I'm curious to see which color she received. I love the blue so I'm happy with that, but just curious to see if we went three for three.

So I guess I have the pink one. It's cool. I think I'd like the Blue better.

I got this one:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Brown one I saw on Ebay

s-l1600.jpg

Wish my daughter would get her butt over here as I'm curious to see which color she received. I love the blue so I'm happy with that, but just curious to see if we went three for three.

So I guess I have the pink one. It's cool. I think I'd like the Blue better.

I got this one:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Brown one I saw on Ebay

s-l1600.jpg
Thanks for the clarification and pics! I def have the pink, which I think I like a lot and as equally as the blue, even if my brain registers it as peach/orange. Every so often, I have issues with identifying colors (black/dark brown/dark grey can be tricky for me too with clothing).

it went to spam, but cherry tree sent out a notice saying they are switching to Shopify:

Hello Cherry Tree members,

This message is to notify you of some important changes coming to The National’s online store:

• The National’s online store will be moving to the Shopify platform
  • While the URL for the online store will remain the same, the current Cherry Tree online store will be closing
  • Moving forward, all exclusive Cherry Tree products will be available in The National online store
  • In the coming days, you will receive an invitation to create a new account for The National online store using the email address associated with your Cherry Tree Fan Club account
  • In order to purchase exclusive Cherry Tree products, you will need to be logged into your store account in the new The National online store
If you do not activate a new online store account using your Cherry Tree membership email address, you will not be able to purchase exclusive Cherry Tree products. If you have any questions about these changes or your new online store account activation, please feel free to email shop@americanmary.com.

Kind of weird to have an exclusive store be the perk of a membership but then just shut it down and migrate everything onto the "official" store on their site. Maybe seeing things as "exclusive" will drive more memberships? Idk

Kind of weird to have an exclusive store be the perk of a membership but then just shut it down and migrate everything onto the "official" store on their site. Maybe seeing things as "exclusive" will drive more memberships? Idk
seems like more of a logistics thing to me. keep it all within one platform now (shopify).

Weirdly, the announcement that they were changing online stores went to my inbox yesterday, but today's email with link to activate went to spam - even though I have any emails from CT or The National set as a VIP. Fortunately, I knew to look for it.

In case anyone still needed a signed clear version of Light Years, they just emailed that they have a few copies left.

Back