The National - Cherry Tree Club

I got charged today as well. Hoping for some concerts to go on this year to make this $50 even more worth it.
I still have tix for two shows in Ireland - June 6 & 7 - 8 1/2 weeks away and there has still been no announcement whether they will actually happen. Friends in Ireland say there is NO WAY they will. I haven't made a single reservation yet since I just cannot see them happening. And, I was never given the option of a refund. My guess is they will be once again postponed until summer 2022 and I hope that I can coordinate a Pearl Jam show at that time if we actually can travel to Europe.

I still have tix for two shows in Ireland - June 6 & 7 - 8 1/2 weeks away and there has still been no announcement whether they will actually happen. Friends in Ireland say there is NO WAY they will. I haven't made a single reservation yet since I just cannot see them happening. And, I was never given the option of a refund. My guess is they will be once again postponed until summer 2022 and I hope that I can coordinate a Pearl Jam show at that time if we actually can travel to Europe.
The PJ reschedules are the canary in the coal mine - it’s just a matter of time before The National and any other major bands who have summer ‘21 dates also push them to next year.

The PJ reschedules are the canary in the coal mine - it’s just a matter of time before The National and any other major bands who have summer ‘21 dates also push them to next year.
Completely agree. They were first to postpone in March 2020. Still have my Gigaton tour TenClub tix, just waiting for new dates. My hope is spring 2022.

Completely agree. They were first to postpone in March 2020. Still have my Gigaton tour TenClub tix, just waiting for new dates. My hope is spring 2022.
Yeah they’ll have to pry my MSG and Baltimore tickets out of my cold dead hands. I also have Sea Hear Now tickets but (a) I’m skeptical they’ll actually go forward with that and (b) I’m not sure I even want to go if they do. I agree that the most likely outcome is they pretty much do in 2022 exactly what they were going to do in ‘20.

I’ve also recently pocketed some tickets for 6/14/22 in Amsterdam - that is right around my 40th birthday and I’m laying the groundwork for a trip with some friends. My wife does not know about this plan yet.

Yeah they’ll have to pry my MSG and Baltimore tickets out of my cold dead hands. I also have Sea Hear Now tickets but (a) I’m skeptical they’ll actually go forward with that and (b) I’m not sure I even want to go if they do. I agree that the most likely outcome is they pretty much do in 2022 exactly what they were going to do in ‘20.

I’ve also recently pocketed some tickets for 6/14/22 in Amsterdam - that is right around my 40th birthday and I’m laying the groundwork for a trip with some friends. My wife does not know about this plan yet.
Right? I will hold on to those tix for as long as it takes. We also have the Toronto show which was supposed to be the tour kickoff. If that changes to a different city, I'll try to pick up the new kickoff show. We've been trying to make it to night 1 whenever possible, though we opted for Leeds in 2014 rather than Amsterdam (I think that's where the first show was?) Picked Leeds because it was the smallest venue - such an incredible show!

I think there is a pretty good chance of Sea Hear Now happening, obviously things can change if there is another surge, but I'm hoping to be in Asbury in Sept.

Hope your Euro trip works out, that Leeds show was our first Euro PJ show in celebration of a significant wedding anniversary, and we spent 2 1/2 weeks in Ireland & England. Run away my son, see it all, see the world!

Right? I will hold on to those tix for as long as it takes. We also have the Toronto show which was supposed to be the tour kickoff. If that changes to a different city, I'll try to pick up the new kickoff show. We've been trying to make it to night 1 whenever possible, though we opted for Leeds in 2014 rather than Amsterdam (I think that's where the first show was?) Picked Leeds because it was the smallest venue - such an incredible show!

I think there is a pretty good chance of Sea Hear Now happening, obviously things can change if there is another surge, but I'm hoping to be in Asbury in Sept.

Hope your Euro trip works out, that Leeds show was our first Euro PJ show in celebration of a significant wedding anniversary, and we spent 2 1/2 weeks in Ireland & England. Run away my son, see it all, see the world!
My wife and I made it to two Euro shows (Rome and Prague) in 2018; we picked those shows because there was a break in between so we spent 5-6 days in each city. A truly great decision, not just because it was a wonderful trip but because if we hadn’t done it, I’d be working on 5 years since my last show (couldn’t make it to any of the ‘18 stadium shows).

And yes, my only disappointment with the trip was that I didn’t get Breath at either show.

My wife and I had tickets to see the National in Japan in March/April 2020 with Phoebe Bridgers, who is a family friend of my co-worker, so we were offered to perhaps get to meet everyone. Then COVID happened! We can’t recreate that but hopefully we can see the National live again sometime in the next year or two when we feel comfortable with concerts again.

The National were supposed to play here in Vermont for the first time ever. Also bonus because Lucy Dacus was opening. I was so friggin excited that I wouldn’t have to travel to see them for the first time ever. Plus it was going to be at hands down the best venue in the state.

The National were supposed to play here in Vermont for the first time ever. Also bonus because Lucy Dacus was opening. I was so friggin excited that I wouldn’t have to travel to see them for the first time ever. Plus it was going to be at hands down the best venue in the state.
We had tix for New Haven, Bethlehem, PA, Cooperstown and a friend from VT was twisting our arms to go to that show too. We would have, no doubt.
There were going to be added shows including Newport Folk Fest and some special NYC thing. There was also going to be a special Chicago event when they played Pitchfork.

This is a long shot but does anyone here have tickets to see the National next month (26th May) at the O2 Academy in Brixton?

This was the rescheduled show from 2020 that was part of their 2 night 'Intimate Shows'.

The reason that I am asking is that I haven't seen anything to say it's cancelled and seeing as they were completely sold out I can't see how they can have a full-capacity gig with the current state of COVID. I have tried emailing them with no response yet.

This is a long shot but does anyone here have tickets to see the National next month (26th May) at the O2 Academy in Brixton?

This was the rescheduled show from 2020 that was part of their 2 night 'Intimate Shows'.

The reason that I am asking is that I haven't seen anything to say it's cancelled and seeing as they were completely sold out I can't see how they can have a full-capacity gig with the current state of COVID. I have tried emailing them with no response yet.
I have tix for Cork & Limerick on June 6&7, and have not made a single booking for flights or lodging. Based on what friends have said, there is NO possible way they can play in Ireland. My guess is that the postponement announcement comes this week. I'm actually surprised that they haven't announced anything yet. I just don't see it happening.

I have tix for Cork & Limerick on June 6&7, and have not made a single booking for flights or lodging. Based on what friends have said, there is NO possible way they can play in Ireland. My guess is that the postponement announcement comes this week. I'm actually surprised that they haven't announced anything yet. I just don't see it happening.
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, cheers.

I would love to see them but as we are yet to be vaccinated I cant see it's worth the risk to go to a full capacity gig. Another venue has started gigs but completely stripped down to less capacity and seated only. They wouldn't even be able to do that for the National as it's already sold out.

We had tix for New Haven, Bethlehem, PA, Cooperstown and a friend from VT was twisting our arms to go to that show too. We would have, no doubt.
There were going to be added shows including Newport Folk Fest and some special NYC thing. There was also going to be a special Chicago event when they played Pitchfork.
I also had Cooperstown tix, and I’m embarrassed to say that a year ago I had hope that it would be my first show back. The thought of going up to Cooperstown with some friends, camping or staying in some B&B, and seeing The National at the Ommegang brewery sounded like a heaven that I definitely thought I deserved after 4 long weeks or so of lockdown.

You should definitely go to Vermont for the show if they reschedule. I thought I had some pictures of past shows saved but it’s this awesome outside venue on a small hill. Everyone brings chairs and there’s food trucks onsite. It’s lots of fun.

(not my pic)

2E70CA8A-A651-497F-8BBE-768CFE556848.jpeg

I was also going to probably go to New Haven as well with some friends back in Connecticut. Hopefully they rearrange everything for sometime soon, probably 2022 though tbh.

Yeah, I'm in Ireland and there is no way these shows will happen, we are unlikely to have bars open before the end of May. Surprised they are not already postponed, I've had gigs from May that have been pushed to May 2022.

I also had Cooperstown tix, and I’m embarrassed to say that a year ago I had hope that it would be my first show back. The thought of going up to Cooperstown with some friends, camping or staying in some B&B, and seeing The National at the Ommegang brewery sounded like a heaven that I definitely thought I deserved after 4 long weeks or so of lockdown.
I totally get that. When PJ canceled their Gigaton tour, I knew that Homecoming cancellation was imminent. Even though I knew it was coming, I actually cried when it was made official. We had THE BEST time at Homecoming in 2018. Hope it will be rescheduled.

Back