The Grammy Awards Thread

That is a STRONG best new artist ballot. I'm surprised by the Beyonce noms. That Lion King soundtrack did nothing for me. However, if Homecoming doesn't win Best Music Film, then I will be highly displeased. I'm also surprised Taylor didn't get an Album or Record of the year nod. Super happy for Brittany Howard and her rock noms. H.E.R. was a grammy darling last year, so the vast amount of noms she has is not surprising. Emily King got a nom!!!! Chris Brown should not be nominated for anything ever unless it is "Worst Human". R.I.P. Nipsey.

Was The Highwomen not eligible?

maynard can go fuck himself.

But then again Lizzo is nominated for a 2 year old song so the fuck are the rules for lol

Right???? I had Good as Hell on my best of 2018 songs playlist. It's funny that it's hitting the radio now. I'm all for it being nominated. And I'm all for her taking as many awards as possible. Can you imagine her acceptance speeches? It is just weird to me how eligibility is determined.

Didn't realize Jack Antonoff produced Arizona Baby (Kevin Abstract), Lover (Taylor Swift), Norman F***ing Rockwell! (Lana Del Rey), and Red Hearse (Red Hearse); he deserves the win for Producer Of The Year. Cool to see Emily King's album nominated for production, non-classical too. Rooting for Lizzo and Billie Eilish to take home a number of awards. I still don't get the appeal of Lil Nas X.

I'm surprised by the Beyonce noms.
I think Beyonce is similar to Beck in respect to the Grammys. Not to degrade either of their works, I love them both... but either of them could sneeze into a mic and get a Grammy nom for it at this point.
If they did a duet of fart noises it would probably win 3 Grammys.

And I would probably pre-order it blindly.

Back