The Grammy Awards Thread

I'll argue that the inherent problem is the winner of Best Urban/Best Alternative/Best Country typically then get shut out of the AOTY as it was determined they would get something in advance so no need to award them AOTY. Notice what awards SZA and Boygenius won this year. Why can Beyonce win so many other awards but not the grand one?

We are on the same page here. I’ve been saying this as long as I’ve been watching the show

actually i dont think i ever listened to a taylor album in full besides red and 1989... shes always just been a singles artist to me

actually i dont think i ever listened to a taylor album in full besides red and 1989... shes always just been a singles artist to me

The singles from red are what turned me against her. I was a hardcore swiftie until “We are never getting back together” came out. Truly one of my least favorite songs of all time

I'm not going to pretend to know how Midnights will age, it may be very well (like Reputation has) and I'll get more of the goodies. For me right now it has one all timer song (Anti Hero) one song I really love (Mastermind) and a lot of meh to bad tunes otherwise. Like just top to bottom it doesn't have the depth of many of the other noms or her other albums. We will see I guess

What happened with Jimmy Buffett? Why did they flash up to an image of him then cut away then return to it?

The singles from red are what turned me against her. I was a hardcore swiftie until “We are never getting back together” came out. Truly one of my least favorite songs of all time
honestly not even that bad a song.. she has worse singles

like almost everything off reputation, or shake it off, or even you need to calm down

Every other year where I was upset with AOTY (like with Jon Batiste, Kacey Musgraves or Harry Styles) I could atleast end the night by saying that the win will be a one off weird moment for the Grammys. That’s not the situation this year. This win is so much bigger than a one off mistake and will probably be the record for as long as the Grammys exist. This isn’t just one bad decision but numerous bad ones. Not to be overdramtic but the shadow of these questionable choices will hang over the rest of the time I consider myself a super fan of the show

Yearly reminder

Ok, for all the people out there that thought Midnights didn't deserve to win - what was your choice for AOTY out of these nominees?
The only album out of the AOTY nominee that I own Is Lana Del Ray so that would be my choice but I never thought she really stood a chance. I always felt like Swift winning AOTY was fait accompli.

I was more upset last year when Harry Styles beat Beyonce.

That’s one of only a handful of Taylor Swift songs I enjoy. She makes a lot of music that I don’t mind but not much I really care about. I know a lot of people love her music and I respect that. She also seems very affable considering how big of a star she is.

Back