The Grammy Awards Thread

Don’t make this into a gendered thing. I don’t care that she’s a women, my last 8 AOTY winners have all been women. We can bring up the fact that a straight white women has taken deserved wins from LGBT+ artist and men/women of color
Well and I can bring up that music tastes are subjective but enough of the voters thought she deserved to win so....

Ok, for all the people out there that thought Midnights didn't deserve to win - what was your choice for AOTY out of these nominees?

Guts was my choice. SOS or The Record would have been welcome as well. I had Taylor above Miley on preference and around where Batiste was. LDR and Janelle in the middle.

Ok, for all the people out there that thought Midnights didn't deserve to win - what was your choice for AOTY out of these nominees?

Boygenius on quality would have been happy with Olivia or Lana but figured they were long shots. The only album I liked less than Taylor was Miley but even then I would have preferred Miley winning

Well and I can bring up that music tastes are subjective but enough of the voters thought she deserved to win so....

And my problem is with the current voting base that dismisses Non white artists for AOTY. A women of color has not won since Norah Jones and men of color have also been pushed to the side repeatedly

Reputation shot up the rankings for me when I saw Taylor live last year, it's probably top 5 for me as well. Actually your top 5 might be the same as mine!
The first time we saw her was on the Rep tour so definitely a bit of experience bias there for me. I just like that style of song for her as well, which is why I think Midnights felt right to me.

I liked Midnights. It’s probably in the top half of her discography for me.

5. Midnights
4. Reputation
3. Red
2. Folklore
1. 1989

It’s easily my least favorite album by her. Even the songs I like on it I have major issues with. Every other album I’ve heard by her I’ve been more forgiving to but I haven’t listened to her discography so I can’t specifically say it’s her worst

And my problem is with the current voting base that dismisses Non white artists for AOTY. A women of color has not won since Norah Jones and men of color have also been pushed to the side repeatedly
I'll argue that the inherent problem is the winner of Best Urban/Best Alternative/Best Country typically then get shut out of the AOTY as it was determined they would get something in advance so no need to award them AOTY. Notice what awards SZA and Boygenius won this year. Why can Beyonce win so many other awards but not the grand one?

i really should finally listen to folklore instead of just constantly listening to cardigan

that's all I remembered from this night

My ranking would probably be

1. folklore (top 5 of the decade so far”
2. Fearless (significantly lower than folklore)
3. 1989
4. Self titled
5. Speak Now
6. Evermore
7. midnights

Never listened to lover or rep

Back