The Funhouse - The Punks are all right

With Valentine's Day coming up, it reminded me that I had this cassette back in high school.

Cupid's Revenge - The World's Most Romantic Punk Songs

I have no idea where it is right now.

1. I Got You Babe - The Dictators

2. I Have a Date - The Simpletons

3. In Your Eyes - The Circle Jerks

4. Jealous Again - Black Flag

5. If You Love Somebody, Set Them on Fire - The Dead Milkmen

6. Johnny Hit and Run Pauline - X

7. Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell - Iggy and the Stooges

8. Rosemary - The Dickies

9. Summer Nights - The Vandals

10. Do You Want Me on My Knees - The Nuns

11. Just Lust - Buzzcocks

12. I Need Somebody - Iggy and the Stooges

13. Sit on My Face Stevie Nicks - The Rotters

Probably not going to find this band on any best-of lists, but one of my favorite punk bands.

Not the most original band in the world (they’re clearly Misfits fans), but Leslie Hardy (briefly of Hole) absolutely rips on the organ.

Listened to nothing but Gang of Four in the car today. Why had I not done this earlier. Why had no one ever told me before that this is the most up my street music ever? A bunch of Marxist punks making music that all my favourite mid 00s band ripped off shamelessly?

When I was going to a lot of punk shows as a teenager these were my favorite live acts. The Queers are pretty solidly at the top.

The Queers
Link 80 (only heard live recordings, never got to see)
Knowledge
Misfits
Pinhead Circus
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Lagwagon
Black Flag
Ramones
Against All Authority
Jack Off Jill
Love the Queers! It’s too bad their best album has a title that aged terribly. I remember getting into them from a compilation they put out which had an excellent cover of The Who on it.

Listened to nothing but Gang of Four in the car today. Why had I not done this earlier. Why had no one ever told me before that this is the most up my street music ever? A bunch of Marxist punks making music that all my favourite mid 00s band ripped off shamelessly?
They're from your backyard. You're supposed to be telling us about them. Do you expect us to do everything? 😁

Last edited:
Back