The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Shanahan a serial choker

I still haven’t forgiven him for handing Brady another Super Bowl as the OC in Atlanta. Hell, on that last possession after that ridiculous catch by Julio Jones even my dog knows you run the ball 3 times and kick a field goal to stretch the lead to 11 with a couple minutes left.

I still haven’t forgiven him for handing Brady another Super Bowl as the OC in Atlanta. Hell, on that last possession after that ridiculous catch by Julio Jones even my dog knows you run the ball 3 times and kick a field goal to stretch the lead to 11 with a couple minutes left.
Honestly impressive

Screenshot_20240211_232910_Chrome.jpg

A 10+ point lead blown in every one of those losses

The year of Taylor continues. I've gone 30 years since my team last won one. She gets one in her first year of Chiefs fandom. Patrick Mahomes will go down as one of the greats. I never thought he was capable of this when I would watch him at Texas Tech. The guy just turns it on when he's called upon. It's breathtaking. I think the haters made me so much more invested in this one for than previous Super Bowls. Maybe stop being such shitfaces for a change. Your hate got you nothing...yet again.

I very much believe these genius play-calling coaches don't have the capacity for good game management. Even Reid did his best to eff it up tonight. He just needed one of/if not the best QB of all time to fix his issues that's plagued him for his whole career.

I very much believe these genius play-calling coaches don't have the capacity for good game management. Even Reid did his best to eff it up tonight. He just needed one of/if not the best QB of all time to fix his issues that's plagued him for his whole career.
Not sure I agree. Great defenses, like the two on display tonight, can disrupt even the greatest of offenses. Patrick is just the wildcard that only one team has.

Not sure I agree. Great defenses, like the two on display tonight, can disrupt even the greatest of offenses. Patrick is just the wildcard that only one team has.

Fair!

I'm jaded as an eagles fan from my formative years being in the Reid era early to mid aughts

But I disagree the defenses were great tonight. They were great at stopping the run but niners had a lot of missed throws and both teams had bad turnover luck, the KC int notwithstanding.

Without OT this could have been a pats rams all time stinker

Fair!

I'm jaded as an eagles fan from my formative years being in the Reid era early to mid aughts

But I disagree the defenses were great tonight. They were great at stopping the run but niners had a lot of missed throws and both teams had bad turnover luck, the KC int notwithstanding.

Without OT this could have been a pats rams all time stinker
Yes, they both were tenacious up front. There were more than a few defensive backfield stops throughout the game as well. What was the final score, 25 to 22? For the talent on both offenses, I'd say that was a pretty low scoring Super Bowl and that both defenses showed up bigtime. The game wasn't over until it was over.

Back