The Colemine Records rabbit hole

I have a few more on the way as well: Soul Slabs 1 (black), Kelly Finnigan (red), Orgone (green) and Postales (blue). Plus I pre-ordered Black Pumas (ATO version).

I have several more on the radar but I want to see if I can score a colored vinyl before pulling the trigger on a black version.

So I've been busy tracking more down... have Scoul Scratch (orange), Ikebe Shakedown "The Way Home" (clear) and Durand Jones Live (blue) on order as well now. Kelly Finnigan (red) and Delvon Lamarr Live (black) arrived from amazon yesterday. Soul Slabs 1 (black) should be delivered today.

I'll take a picture of the lot when it's all here.

I asked hhv about the upcoming Black Pumas release: First they gave me information on a totally different release and now it has been days without further notification. So I guess they won't have it then.

man, for us Europeans getting what we want from Colemine is still like a treasure hunt.

the other day I ordered few gems, pushed by this thread here!
Soul Slabs Vol.2 (RSD) and Kelly Finnigan from Juno
Sould Slabs Vol.1 black vinyl from HHV

I was today looking for the Orgone mixtape and the Black Pumas colored vinyl preorder
Juno has neither (Black Pumas pre-order seems sold out)
HHV has Orgone but not Black Pumas
Rough Trade has Black Pumas but not Orgone

uggh

Sometimes amazon marketplace is your friend. I got it soul slabs vol 1 on there through a US seller and it was €30 inc postage. Delivery estimate of a month, but still not bad!

Got vol 2 red and pre black pumas from RT!

Got myself one of those red Soul Slabs Vol 2. from the Colemine site. Looks like there’s still 4 more available if that’s a thing you’re interested in.
As did I and they are down to 2 copies left.
Yeah, I just picked up one of those last four copies as well. Picked up volume 1 as well! (y) 😁

Delvon Lamarr for SUREEEEEEE! Both records are fire.

This is true, those Delvon Lamarr records are essential and catch them live, they are smokin'. The new Kelly Finnegan 'Tales People Tell' is absolutely essential. Anything by Jr. Thomas and The Volcanos is a must have. Good news about Colemine is every release is good! I will buy things from them from artists I don't know because they produce consistent quality.

Last edited:
And

this is why I like THIS forum!
It allows for small labels to discuss issues directly with consumers.
Bob, thanks for your very clear response. I’ll make my way to HHV to see what I can grab!

Bob and the whole Colemine/Plaid Room team are the best. Great record store, great label. Impeccible customer service and have always treated me nicely. Hi from Birmingham Bob!

just a thought.

I've seen threads dedicated to Hip Hop, Jazz, Christian Rock (!!), Caribbean music, World music, etc...
I don't see any thread dedicated to good old Soul music, both modern, as we discuss here in the Colemine money pit, or old.
I'm not an expert, and have no ability to drive the conversation, but I have definitely a strong interest on becoming more knowledgeable.
are you up for a standalone thread?

Finally pulled the trigger on the red version of Kelly Finnigan from Bull Moose, such a great album! This leads me to something I've always wondered about, how does buying from Bull Moose differ from buying directly from @Plaid Room / Colemine? I'm assuming they would make more money if it's purchased directly from them? Does Bull Moose pay them up front for the records and then that's it? Or do they kick more money back to them once the record has been sold? In short, I'm asking if purchasing directly from Plaid Room provides a greater profit margin for them haha

just a thought.

I've seen threads dedicated to Hip Hop, Jazz, Christian Rock (!!), Caribbean music, World music, etc...
I don't see any thread dedicated to good old Soul music, both modern, as we discuss here in the Colemine money pit, or old.
I'm not an expert, and have no ability to drive the conversation, but I have definitely a strong interest on becoming more knowledgeable.
are you up for a standalone thread?

I think Soul, Funk, Blues typically get grouped together and I think a thread for just soul or all 3 of those would be a good one.

I think Soul, Funk, Blues typically get grouped together and I think a thread for just soul or all 3 of those would be a good one.

and here it is.

join and discuss.
we need to know more!

I just got an email; my first Colemine Records package is on my porch!

I say first because I am already working on another order. Since I'm down to receiving just one record per month from that one company, I can get busy with some stuff that seems to be hitting me right where I want it to.

Back