The Colemine Records rabbit hole

Just listening through the Soul Slabs vol 2.......my god this is amazing. @Plaid Room / Colemine This might be a dangerous question, but has there ever been any talk of Colemine setting up a subscription service? I would happily pay to receive random 7" releases throughout the year!
The best thing I can say about their releases are they are well served in the UK. Juno seem to do a good job of stocking their wares 😀

Well...Colemine is dropping 3 exclusives today...make sure you are subscribed.

One of them is a new 45 from Kelly Finnigan

Hell yeah!

Kelly Finnigan
Catch Me I'm Falling / Trouble
Pink vinyl limited to 1300 copies
PRE-ORDER
The lead single that kicked off Kelly’s solo career. Ultra sweet, super mellow, just one of the most tender moments on Kelly Finnigan’s solo LP The Tales People Tell. Utilizing the pocket playing of Max and Joe Ramey from The Ironsides, Kelly’s falsetto shines bright for all to hear. This 45 includes "Trouble" on the b-side, a Kelly Finnigan original tune that is not included on the album.

The Freedom Affair
Rise Up / Rise Up (instrumental)
Translucent blue vinyl limited to 900 copies
PRE-ORDER
Led by Chris Hazelton, The Freedom Affair is a freight train of Kansas City soul! Dirty, funky drums, gritty horns, and the combined vocals of Misha Roberts, Seyko Groves, and Paula Saunders to put this band over the top. Politically charged soul music for the dancefloor!

Thee Sinseers
It Was Only A Dream / I Don't Mind
Translucent gold vinyl limited to 900 copies
PRE-ORDER
Straight from East L.A., Thee Sinseers embody the lowrider sweet soul vibe. Love songs, washed with reverb, slow tempos for rolling, and a vibe for days. This type of doo-wop soul has been embraced by the Chicano culture and with a growing scene, Thee Sinseers look to make their own mark. The A-side, a very doo-wop leaning tune is contrasted with the James Brown cover on the B-side, “I Don’t Mind”. Both sides just crush!

They’re live and bought.

According to cogs, I have 21 releases from Colemine. If you add the Plaidroom sclusie of the new Lee Moses That brings me to 22. 10 of which are seven inches.

Unfortunately, I’ve already blown my budget (but am still significantly down from previous months), so I did not add anything to the preorder this morning.

I just don’t get around to playing them :(
I play them more often than I ever thought I would and way more often than anything that doesn’t say Kishi Bashi On The cover of it in my 45 flipbin.

Tangentially, getting the flipbin and having my sevens next to the system has increased my playing of them.

They’re especially useful for when everyone is ready to go somewhere and my wife decides a wardrobe change is necessary. Lol.

When I finish my basement and move my main setup/records I'm going to buy another TT to keep upstairs. My biggest hesitancy with playing any of my 45 speed records (singles or LPs) is that I have to manually switch the belt to the different speeds. My new TT will definitely have a speed switch built in. My Colemine singles will definitely get a lot more play then.

I play them more often than I ever thought I would and way more often than anything that doesn’t say Kishi Bashi On The cover of it in my 45 flipbin.

Tangentially, getting the flipbin and having my sevens next to the system has increased my playing of them.

They’re especially useful for when everyone is ready to go somewhere and my wife decides a wardrobe change is necessary. Lol.
Stockpile them, then fill a vintage jukebox with nothing but Colemine titles. Then send that jukebox to me.

Back