The Colemine Records rabbit hole

As someone who has been a fan of Colemine since Durand Jones initial album ( I have the blue vinyl that I found at my local) there is no better label then these guys. Not only is their music fantastic, the customer service is top notch!

It’s tough to list my top releases, but here goes:
Durand S/T
Orgone Mixtape
Soul Scratch
JR Thomas
Delvon Organ Trio

Can’t go wrong with any of them tho;)
I need to grab those bottom three!

I just bought Delvin, Orgone and Soul Slabs 1.
I'm sure I will dive in deeper and find more must haves...

I have a few more on the way as well: Soul Slabs 1 (black), Kelly Finnigan (red), Orgone (green) and Postales (blue). Plus I pre-ordered Black Pumas (ATO version).

I have several more on the radar but I want to see if I can score a colored vinyl before pulling the trigger on a black version.

I thought about making a thread for this too, but wasn't sure there'd be a lot of interest, so glad I was very wrong!haha Colemine is easily my favorite label and I look to support them whenever I can and tell everyone I know about them.

I have:
-Both Durand studio albums (Black for S/T, Orange for ALC) and the Live album (Blue)
-Both Soul Slabs (Red)
-Orgone - Undercover Mixtape (Green)
-Lee Moses - Time and Place (Plaid Room Exclusive Yellow)
-Soul Scratch - Pushing Fire (Black)
-A bunch of 7" releases

I love everything they put out, but if you haven't listened to Undercover Mixtape yet, do it! Otis Redding is one of my favorite artists, but what they did to Nobody's Fault But Mine was definitely an improvement. Same goes for Aretha's Think, Funkadelic's Cosmic Slop, and several other songs on the album.

Back