The Colemine Records rabbit hole

man, for us Europeans getting what we want from Colemine is still like a treasure hunt.

the other day I ordered few gems, pushed by this thread here!
Soul Slabs Vol.2 (RSD) and Kelly Finnigan from Juno
Sould Slabs Vol.1 black vinyl from HHV

I was today looking for the Orgone mixtape and the Black Pumas colored vinyl preorder
Juno has neither (Black Pumas pre-order seems sold out)
HHV has Orgone but not Black Pumas
Rough Trade has Black Pumas but not Orgone

uggh

man, for us Europeans getting what we want from Colemine is still like a treasure hunt.

I was today looking for the Orgone mixtape and the Black Pumas colored vinyl preorder

uggh

Yup, I want to (pre)order Black Pumas in France, but it's a pain in the ass...

I emailed, Moses is shipping now, I just got my notification along with two 7”. I also like they are now refunding shipping when they combine orders

I should add that in the past to save on shipping for orders was to have Colemine hold stuff and then you email in to have them sent and then you were charged shipping, this new system is great (seems new to me), if things are close enough they do the combining and refund, thanks @Plaid Room / Colemine

also
Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 8.19.46 AM.png

I want Soul Scratch and Delvon Lamarr Trio but as I am waiting for both Soul Slabs, Orgone, Black Pumas, Kelly Finnigan and Lee Moses (which arrived in Brazil yesterday and cleared customs with no fees 🎆🎆), I should probably chill for now.

uggh
Black Pumas is on ATO like Jones and there will be other variants available.

Hey folks, I am pretty new to Colemine but am loving what I’ve heard so far. I recently picked up Gloria Barnes and Kelly Finnegan and undercover mixtape is on the way. I was thinking about picking up soul slabs vol 1 and am just previewing the streaming version. I’ve noticed that the songs are all different volume levels and I’m constantly having to jack it up or turn it way down. So, for those who have the LP is it the same or have they ironed that out for the wax? I’d appreciate any thoughts around this. Cheers.

Checking in to say I'm glad we have a Colemine thread now! Did eventually grab the Soul Slabs Vol.2 from Juno (to Canada) to save a couple of $$, Vol. 1 via Amazon previously. Great stuff overall. I actually have the black Kelly Finnigan and just noticed the red version is even on Amazon.ca and I didn't even notice! Oh well, still have it.

Also thanks to @Plaid Room / Colemine for trying to work with me on the shipping last weekend (even tho it didn't work out) - this is what a great place/label is about, going out of their way to assist on shipping out of the blue on a forum! Cheers.

EDIT: I was telling my wife about the whole Kelly Finnigan vinyl and not getting the red colorway and when I said "black Kelly Finnigan" she gave me the sideways eyeball look like I was calling him as an individual, "black Kelly Finnigan".

Hey folks, I am pretty new to Colemine but am loving what I’ve heard so far. I recently picked up Gloria Barnes and Kelly Finnegan and undercover mixtape is on the way. I was thinking about picking up soul slabs vol 1 and am just previewing the streaming version. I’ve noticed that the songs are all different volume levels and I’m constantly having to jack it up or turn it way down. So, for those who have the LP is it the same or have they ironed that out for the wax? I’d appreciate any thoughts around this. Cheers.

not that I remember

not that I remember

Same. It played through fine on my table yesterday. This is probably the result of a volume leveling algorithm.

Is there a reason why you guys stopped shipping to Canada? Pretty sure I ordered the Monophonics - Promises 7" from you guys years ago (and a few others) but haven't been able to order directly from you guys for a bit either. Or am I mis remembering?
We still ship internationally, everything should be available to ship on the Colemine Records website. Let me know if it's giving you any issues. Cheers.

The vinyl was mastered specifically for the compilation, so there isn't any issues like this present on the records. Glad you're digging it!

Last edited:
Back