The Colemine Records rabbit hole

There are a few local stores in Ottawa that I can get to. I don't get to them as often as I'd like to since they're out of my way, but I usually go once every month or so. I'll definitely look for your records next time I'm there. I hit 33 Tours when I'm in Montreal, but that tends to be only 1-2 times a year these days.

I do shop at the big US online stores but shipping can be high so alternatives are welcome (and places like Bull Moose doesn't ship up here).
Gotcha! Our stuff definitely isn't as easy to get there, and there's not as many stores carrying it. BUT, it is available at distributors so usually it's just a matter of someone asking the store to start carrying it, or to special order our stuff in.

Regarding the online, I didn't mean Bull Moose specifically, I was wondering if there was a Canadian online store with a similar presence or online store?

Gotcha! Our stuff definitely isn't as easy to get there, and there's not as many stores carrying it. BUT, it is available at distributors so usually it's just a matter of someone asking the store to start carrying it, or to special order our stuff in.

Regarding the online, I didn't mean Bull Moose specifically, I was wondering if there was a Canadian online store with a similar presence or online store?

I've never really found any solid online stores in Canada. There's a few I've used (SRC Vinyl is one) but selection is limited. I tend to just use Amazon and the third parties on there.

I'll ask over at Compact Music (that's the local I go to the most) when I'm over there next time. They've been great at ordering things for me in the past.

I've never really found any solid online stores in Canada. There's a few I've used (SRC Vinyl is one) but selection is limited. I tend to just use Amazon and the third parties on there.

I'll ask over at Compact Music (that's the local I go to the most) when I'm over there next time. They've been great at ordering things for me in the past.

Cool, let me know how it goes. Tell them to reach out to us too, if they're having trouble tracking it down.

Maybe I should move to Canada and start a Plaid Room 2.0 to cover the Canadian online market?

And

this is why I like THIS forum!
It allows for small labels to discuss issues directly with consumers.
Bob, thanks for your very clear response. I’ll make my way to HHV to see what I can grab!
Let me know if you can't find what you're looking for. HHV is really great to us and I work closely with the buyers there to make sure they receive sufficient quantities of colored pressings upon release. If they don't have something, let me know, and I'll do everything in my power to make it available to them and convince them to order it! But, most of it should be in stock.

Cool, let me know how it goes. Tell them to reach out to us too, if they're having trouble tracking it down.

Maybe I should move to Canada and start a Plaid Room 2.0 to cover the Canadian online market?

Is there a reason why you guys stopped shipping to Canada? Pretty sure I ordered the Monophonics - Promises 7" from you guys years ago (and a few others) but haven't been able to order directly from you guys for a bit either. Or am I mis remembering?

There are a few local stores in Ottawa that I can get to. I don't get to them as often as I'd like to since they're out of my way, but I usually go once every month or so. I'll definitely look for your records next time I'm there. I hit 33 Tours when I'm in Montreal, but that tends to be only 1-2 times a year these days.

I do shop at the big US online stores but shipping can be high so alternatives are welcome (and places like Bull Moose doesn't ship up here).

If you go on the Record store day page they have some Canadian stores listed there and I can’t remember the name but I did buy a couple records from a shop out there.

Is there a reason why you guys stopped shipping to Canada? Pretty sure I ordered the Monophonics - Promises 7" from you guys years ago (and a few others) but haven't been able to order directly from you guys for a bit either. Or am I mis remembering?
I ordered from them recently without issue. It's a little pricey but ordering from any US store is.
PS love what you guys are putting out at Colemine, I've been snatching up pretty much anything I can get my hands on

Ah cool! I’ll have s look!

I’m terrible for thinking outside the U.K./Irish bubble and looking at mainland Europe! If Brexit ever goes through maybe I’ll get better haha!

Edit: I’d still love an in store option if it exists though, all for supporting local stores!
I've bough quite a bit from HHV simply because their overall pricing is good and shipping is definitely better compared to most UK sites, especially with multiple purchases.

I've bough quite a bit from HHV simply because their overall pricing is good and shipping is definitely better compared to most UK sites, especially with multiple purchases.
but I also recommend comparing.
Soul Slabs Vol. 1 was only available (standard black) via HHV.
Soul Slabs Vol.2 RSD version was only available through Juno (but a good 10-12 GBP more expensive than V1 from HHV).
Kelly Finnigan was available through both, but Juno's price was a goof 5 GBP cheaper in Juno

but I also recommend comparing.
Soul Slabs Vol. 1 was only available (standard black) via HHV.
Soul Slabs Vol.2 RSD version was only available through Juno (but a good 10-12 GBP more expensive than V1 from HHV).
Kelly Finnigan was available through both, but Juno's price was a goof 5 GBP cheaper in Juno
Vol 2 of Soul Slabs is a 3 LP box.

So Soul slabs vol 1 bought off amazon.

Vol 2 bought and black pumas pre ordered from RT

Was not impressed by the extortionate shipping at hhv, maybe you need to order multiples? Because for one €10 seems steep to me!

Back