The Colemine Records rabbit hole

Oh wait a minute....I did not know That Plaidroom is Colemine Records brick and mortar store. I ordered records from them and couldn’t have been a more pleasant experience. Plus they bribed me with a free sticker....The way to my heart is stickers. Can’t get enough of them.

I remember in the RSD 2019 thread hearing about Soul Slabs v. 2 and thinking I wouldn't need it based on the price (and I wasn't familiar with the artists). And @Plaid Room / Colemine responded and apologized for the cost and explained that was the best they could do for a 3 LP box set etc etc. I ended up picking up a copy on Record Store Day (I was riding a high after finding Robyn) and am very pleased with it. That led to picking up the Kelly Finnigan.

Aaannndd I just ordered Soul Slabs Vol 1 and the Orgone Undercover Mixtape. Will probably also order Black Pumas and Soul Scratch later, but I'm trying not to lose all my money.

Thanks everyone for pointing me to this great label!

I remember in the RSD 2019 thread hearing about Soul Slabs v. 2 and thinking I wouldn't need it based on the price (and I wasn't familiar with the artists). And @Plaid Room / Colemine responded and apologized for the cost and explained that was the best they could do for a 3 LP box set etc etc. I ended up picking up a copy on Record Store Day (I was riding a high after finding Robyn) and am very pleased with it. That led to picking up the Kelly Finnigan.

Aaannndd I just ordered Soul Slabs Vol 1 and the Orgone Undercover Mixtape. Will probably also order Black Pumas and Soul Scratch later, but I'm trying not to lose all my money.

Ohio Soul is the best:) @Plaid Room / Colemine

Honestly, I picked up Soul Slabs Vol.2 just based on seeing you guys love for the label on this thread. Its quite rare to see a unified agreement that a label is worth looking into, there's always a few people that have had horror stories but im yet to see any where Colemine is concerned.

Plus from everything I have read they seem to be in it for the musicians and music, so its always worth supporting labels like this.

i've been trying to start a discussion on funk, solu and blues in here

I listed my favorite songs from Slabs Vol.2
I'm looking forward to get the Volume 1, due for delivery in late June (it's tied with the pre-order of the Black Keys)

Right, with the note about 1k being on the red/cream. I wasn’t sure if after the first 1k it went to black (like Merge used to do), so I just wanted to know what I was ordering.
I believe the plaidroom sclusie is the red/cream and black is just the regular lita.

Back