The Blue Note Thread

They are all on discover, with the stacking coupon they are ~$21

Edit: no "all seeing eye" -- that has not been announced. These ship 8/28 if buying all four, though subject to delays...

I've just listened to Art Blakey's "new" album "Just Coolin'" completely for the first time, unfortunately only digital, my preordered vinyl is scheduled to arrive monday or tuesday. But man, I love it 🥰. I cant't wait to spin this on my turntable...

Normally I would be in bed by now, but I especially waited past midnight, to be the 17. of July, so I could listen to that album 😁

Please Mr. Blue Note, go back into your vaults and search more of those incredible unreleased gems.

I've just listened to Art Blakey's "new" album "Just Coolin'" completely for the first time, unfortunately only digital, my preordered vinyl is scheduled to arrive monday or tuesday. But man, I love it 🥰. I cant't wait to spin this on my turntable...

Please Mr. Blue Note, go back into your vaults and search more of those incredible unreleased gems.
Where did you listen? Doesn’t look like it’s on Spotify yet

Where did you listen? Doesn’t look like it’s on Spotify yet
I bought the vinyl on Amazon like 2 months ago, and it said AutoRip, so they'd add the music to my library there. But it was not available 2 minutes past midnight. So I checked Google Play Music - and there it was - and there I bought it - again. And I just checked Tidal - available there as well. I should have checked that before buying again on Google...

I bought the vinyl on Amazon like 2 months ago, and it said AutoRip, so they'd add the music to my library there. But it was not available 2 minutes past midnight. So I checked Google Play Music - and there it was - and there I bought it - again. And I just checked Tidal - available there as well. I should have checked that before buying again on Google...
Damn, well I’m glad to hear it’s a great album. The two singles released early were great to my ears, can’t wait to get my hands on the VMP sclusie whenever it decides to be pressed lmao

BFFs of NAG! Here is something I feel passionate about. Killer early RVG on Prestige. RVG stamped. These are GREAT PRESSINGS at a FRACTION of the cost, before TWO-FERS was a thing. Check them out. They're not BN, but you are the peeps that would benefit from this goodness.

eBay. Make An Offer HERE. Rowdy is a solid guy and from personal experience, if there is an issue, he will take care of you. Good bet here folks.

Mono VG HERE, but looks presentable, with good feedback. Maybe not as nice as above, but you are saving a few bucks.

A VARIETY for sale on DISCOGS, but my favorite pick to click is from 1602kathleen. 100% feedback leads a long way to satisfaction.

Still in doubt? Buy them individually here:

2 Trumpets
3 Trumpets

also visit us for jazz vinyl discussion on (r/Vinyl_Jazz (shameless plug)

:)

Holy SHIT you guys this new Jazz Messengers album is SO GOOD!!! If you were on the fence at all, just get it. How the hell did they not release this till now and what else is in the vaults??? Thanks everyone, I'm a bit drunk.
Agreed dude. I really really enjoyed the album, glad I preordered it. Not glad it’s delayed until god knows when lol

Thanks everyone, I'm a bit drunk.
If we are going to have to start adding this disclaimer to our posts that's going to add a lot of typing for me...it feels like an unfair standard? Can we just assume that a certain percentage of my posts (feel free to choose whichever ones speak most clearly to you) are when I am a bit drunk?

If we are going to have to start adding this disclaimer to our posts that's going to add a lot of typing for me...it feels like an unfair standard? Can we just assume that a certain percentage of my posts (feel free to choose whichever ones speak most clearly to you) are when I am a bit drunk?
I just assume all posts done between 6pm EST and 6am EST are done with at least 1 cocktail.

Back