The Blue Note Thread

I gotta go back to keeping up with the Hoffman forums. I'm losing track of what's known already and they are better sleuths than me, for sure.
This is me too. I wish I had a cliffnotes feed for the Hoffman Forums. I'm not up for dedicating the time to do it, but would love a summary.

I lurk and very rarely post on Hoffman but in general it's intimidating and not the friendliest place in the world... I'd love a Hoffman highlights newsletter or something.
Fully support this! I'm NEVER on there, unless there is a reference somewhere here on N&G, but would love a "highlights" of the day. Those folks are full-on audiophiles beyond what I'm after, but I take their positions seriously, and consider them heavily at times when making decisions. Is there some way to go about capturing the "big rocks" they have on a daily basis? It's certainly a strange situation that there is so much (I'll call it) fluff (don't hate me), built in with insightful information. Even a weekly wrap up to make the N&G crowd is not missing anything?

Wait, I'm being lazy, right? I should be doing this myself. That seems obvious now. :-/

Not sure if you guys saw, but on Facebook, one of those guys who always posts in the Blue Note Anthology thread mentioned that udiscovermusic is running their 25% off vinyl sale plus free shipping, with an additional 20% with the code COMEBACK. Get those four new Tone Poets! Comes out to just under $90 for the four. A steal.

Not sure if you guys saw, but on Facebook, one of those guys who always posts in the Blue Note Anthology thread mentioned that udiscovermusic is running their 25% off vinyl sale plus free shipping, with an additional 20% with the code COMEBACK. Get those four new Tone Poets! Comes out to just under $90 for the four. A steal.
Yep! I think this sale has been on all week. Got mentioned in the online deals thread. I grabbed a few I didn’t have yet.

I lurk and very rarely post on Hoffman but in general it's intimidating and not the friendliest place in the world... I'd love a Hoffman highlights newsletter or something.

I post there. There are some ornery old men there, but beyond that, the guys there are solid. There's the usual audiophile woowoo mentality that often rears its head there, and I say that as an audiophile myself. Just ignore the jokers and you'll be ok. I mostly post in the jazz threads anyway because they are far more diplomatic than the other threads.

Fully support this! I'm NEVER on there, unless there is a reference somewhere here on N&G, but would love a "highlights" of the day. Those folks are full-on audiophiles beyond what I'm after, but I take their positions seriously, and consider them heavily at times when making decisions. Is there some way to go about capturing the "big rocks" they have on a daily basis? It's certainly a strange situation that there is so much (I'll call it) fluff (don't hate me), built in with insightful information. Even a weekly wrap up to make the N&G crowd is not missing anything?

Wait, I'm being lazy, right? I should be doing this myself. That seems obvious now. :-/
I always try to post anything interesting that I learn there in this thread.

Another future TP title that I saw talked about on FB that I haven’t seen in here: Curtis Amy - Katanga
It seems they are done mastering this whole lineup (Joe posted video of Kevin and him in the studio working on Bass on Top on May 3) and have already been working (in some capacity) on finalizing the list for the next year, because Joe has been hinting at confirmed titles for it.

Lee Morgan - Live at the Lighthouse

Curtis Amy - Katanga

Andrew Hill - Passing Ships
Hinted at by Joe multiple places including recently

Jackie McLean - Demon Dance has been previously hinted at by Joe and is still a possible confirmed title

Thanks for this. I’ve been super lucky with the TP’s so far. Apart from 1 or 2 I haven’t already got earlier copies of them. I have a silly amount of Lee Morgan records but The Rajah and Live At The Lighthouse are 2 I’ve been waiting on for years. Tone Poet is such a fantastic series.

Back