The Blue Note Thread

This is pretty badass if you don't want to risk the Buy 3 for 2 with Target

Awesome, just got three for $55 shipped. For some reason it gave me free shipping even though I didn't spend $70 lol

Received this on Saturday and waited till today to play it. Got a pleasant surprise when I opened it. And yeah, I probably should wait for this to be a Blue Note Classics but where's the fun in waiting?

True Blue is so fantastic. Easily in my top 10. It’s such a shame Tina Brooks only recorded a few records before passing so young. I’m going to put this on now!

True Blue was my first MMJ. Very happy with it, and the artwork/pacakging is gorgeous in that Stoughton tip-on gatefold. Do not regret buying it one iota, even if they do press a cheap BN Classic version.
Agreed. I've got the MMJ 33 1/3 and it's top-notch. But I like Back to the Tracks even more, MMJ 45RPM. It was my first taste of the audiophile treatment and it still knocks my socks off.

I heard back from UDiscover today on why my order from October still hasn't shipped. Two of the Tone Poets I ordered are backorderd, Stanley Turrentine's Comin' Your Way and Duke Pearson's The Phantom. It will be 3-4 weeks before they're shipped out since I didn't choose to have them sent separately. I wasn't even aware that was an option but oh well.

I heard back from UDiscover today on why my order from October still hasn't shipped. Two of the Tone Poets I ordered are backorderd, Stanley Turrentine's Comin' Your Way and Duke Pearson's The Phantom. It will be 3-4 weeks before they're shipped out since I didn't choose to have them sent separately. I wasn't even aware that was an option but oh well.
They've been brutally slow with responding this time, and confusing in their responses. Had one of mine that was on backorder. Told them to just cancel that and ship, and I'm not sure if they are or not.

It was such a great deal and a few that Target didn't have so I'll stick with it. I'm okay with it given next week I'll switch fully to Christmas vinyl till the New Year. I did cancel my Target preorders for the BN Classics since Target didn't have Wayne Shorter's one.

Don’t sleep on the Roots & Herbs Tone Poet release. Sounds so damn good.
Definitely an upgrade from my UA pressing.

Now let’s just hope they pick up The Witch Doctor next.
A Tone Poet release would be perfect.
Been streaming Roots & Herbs all week, can’t get enough of it. Need to scoop it up ASAP!

Don’t sleep on the Roots & Herbs Tone Poet release. Sounds so damn good.
Definitely an upgrade from my UA pressing.

Now let’s just hope they pick up The Witch Doctor next.
A Tone Poet release would be perfect.
The Witch Doctor is already slated as a Tone Poet for 2021. I'm waiting on Target to send me Roots & Herbs.

Do we have a 2021 TP list?

Officially we only have these four but IIRC others have been announced on Instragam :

1606300221544.png

EDIT: found this this post :

The Hoffman boards said it was teased but this is a nice confirmation. The 2021 Tone Poet slate is shaping up to be a great one.

Confirmed:
Dexter Gordon's One Flight Up
Andrew Hill's Passing Ships
Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton’s Katanga
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers' The Witch Doctor
Wayne Shorter's All Seeing Eye

Rumored:
Sonny Clark's My Conception
Joe Pass' For Django

(Cross-post from Online Vinyl Deals thread.)

For anyone who might be interested in an upcoming Blue Note Classic title, I just noticed that Target has added Joe Henderson's Page One, which is due in February. Previously, only the December and January titles had been listed. (The February Cannonball Adderly title does not appear to be listed.)

The B2G1F sale should go until at least midnight tomorrow (Saturday), so technically this record is available for just over $14.

Got my uDisover Grant Green ALIVE! last night. I got to say, I think A Time To Remember may be one of the most cathartic jazz songs I’ve ever heard. Absolutely grabs a hold of me. The drums on it in particular are what make it for me, can’t help but ride through it the entire time. Shouts out Idris Muhammad!

On another note, I’m really crossing my fingers that Joe Pass’ “For Django” gets confirmed as a TP for next year. That is going to sound absolutely incredible. What a lovely album, just threw it on a whim and it’s exactly what I needed today. Incredibly relaxing.

Back