The Blue Note Thread

Is the 3 for 2 promotion only available to U.S. customers? I’ve never seen Amazon AU ever have a 3 for 2 promotion on vinyl!
Not likely, unless you have Target as well? Amazon has a habit of matching competitor's pricing/sales, so they follow suit whenever Target runs the promotion.

Last edited:
I'd play it, might sound amazing like the MMJ Out to Lunch does , if not , oh well now you know !
Okay I’m convinced. I’m really curious about what it’ll look and sound like anyway so it’s getting opened tomorrow when I have a chance to sit down. But yeah nobody in my life cares about these things like I do— like nobody remotely cares what a test pressing even is. So it seems silly to leave it in the shelf unopened.

I just foundout they are offering it on Amazon.de until the 22nd. So maybe also in other parts of the world?

Thanks for the info and for the link! That’s awesome they have the deal in other counties too! Fingers crossed Amazon in Australia has a great deal like that one day! 🙏

Legit have never seen any kind of coupon code or 2 for 3 kinda sale on vinyl here. One day! ☺️🤞

Hey guys, so I bought something kind of weird. It’s a test pressing for MMJ’s Eric Dolphy Out to Lunch. It actually came sealed, which surprised me. I’m wondering if I should open it or leave it sealed— I have another decent copy of Out to Lunch so I don’t NEED to open it. I don’t know, it’s odd. What do you guys think?

View attachment 74819

For anyone curious, I opened and spun this today and it sounded great! Definitely happy I got it and very happy I opened it. I’ve been on a big Dolphy kick lately, so this will be a very welcome addition to my regular rotation.

Blue Note is having a 30% off BN80 titles today only. Free shipping if you spend $70. Makes most BN80s, $17.40.

I got an e-mail from Blue Note about this, even though I have never bought anything from the US store and it's not applicable in the UK 🤷‍♂️

....Or maybe they were just a day late. For the UK folks, 20% off all 2020 releases including the upcoming sidewinder & Real Mccoy.

....Or maybe they were just a day late. For the UK folks, 20% off all 2020 releases including the upcoming sidewinder & Real Mccoy.
I really don't understand Amazon UK, the December classics are £25.87 and the January ones are £19.99.

Anybody heard if some of the out-of-stock/sold out Tone Poets like Nigeria and Chet Baker Sings will be re-pressed at some point?
We can only speculate but I believe Blue Note said originally that TPswouldn’t be limited runs. I’m optimistic they’ll make a return for all the people who weren’t able to jump on them earlier this year.

Back