The Blue Note Thread

@tvham and @dhodo made a point. Considering the records are quite cheap you can always buy a few, compare, keep the version you prefer and sell the other.
Hey, some people hate the "audiophile sound" that they claim most modern audiophile reissues have too. I think the sensible answer is to get every issue of every Blue Note to decide which is best.

I didn’t mean to come off like that. I don’t like Trump but I just feel like he wouldn’t have as a huge impact on my well-being compared to the 20% tipping fee that comes with dining in.

So you're ok with institutionalized racism, dismissal of global warming (or any kind of scientific evidence for that matter), corruption, straight up lying from the president, etc, as long as it doesn't directly affect your well-being?

I have to imagine that will be in the next batch of BN80. Probably the second half of 2021. I have both of those MM releases by the way and they’re fantastic. I love that Horace Silver album.

It's dumb but I'm drawn to that record because I love Horace Silver but also the photo being in front of Rockefeller Center. A dumb thing but it weirdly draws me in as I have great memories from going there both as a kid, with my wife, and with my kids.

Of the Classics announced so far Moanin' is the only one I already own on a Japanese pressing. I'll probably buy another copy to compare since it's so cheap and it's one of my favorite albums ever.
Yeah, I may do the same with Maiden Voyage. One of my favorite albums of all time, so I may grab a cheap Classic reissue and compare it to my Japanese pressing.

So you're ok with institutionalized racism, dismissal of global warming (or any kind of scientific evidence for that matter), corruption, straight up lying from the president, etc, as long as it doesn't directly affect your well-being?
Hmmmm, I think you’re right actually! Maybe if I lived in the U.S., it would really affect me; Trump being the President. I’m not OK with any of those things, but Australia is also corrupt and has a government that does terrible things to, like dumping toxic waste in East Timor which kills a lot of people there etc.

Just shocking so many Americans like Trump, ey! I don’t understand it. For that reason alone, it’s a bit off putting when I think about living there but I don’t know though. I’m someone that could live in Mexico, Greece, Columbia, Italy and England, so that’s why I’m think there’s a strong chance I could see myself living in the U.S.

Like language barriers don’t stop me, standard of living affects me but doesn’t stop me majorly, and I don’t think a President would stop me or would be the reason why I don’t want to move to a country.

Okay, back to Blue Note! Sorry @mdmost for getting completely off track! 🙈

I’ve got a question about the Blue Note store! When there was last a 30% sale, did you receive 30% off the pre-orders in the store too? Or was it only 30% off for the items that are ‘In Stock’? 🤔

Ha. Got a shipping notice from MM. They’re sending my 2 records through USPS media mail yet they just charged me $10. Media mail is like $4.

giphy-downsized.gif

Okay, back to Blue Note! Sorry @mdmost for getting completely off track! 🙈

I’ve got a question about the Blue Note store! When there was last a 30% sale, did you receive 30% off the pre-orders in the store too? Or was it only 30% off for the items that are ‘In Stock’? 🤔
IIRC its 30% off everything ..... AND stacked on top of the storewide 20% sale. When’s the next one?

IIRC its 30% off everything ..... AND stacked on top of the storewide 20% sale. When’s the next one?
That’s awesome to know! That’s crazy it’s stacked on top of the 30% sale! The 20% sale isn’t storewide though, so I guess it would be 30% off for me, which is still amazing!

I thought I’d ask because when Acoustic Sounds has the 15% off sale, it’s only for items that are ‘In Stock’. You don’t get 15% off titles that are ‘Backordered’ or are on ‘Pre-Order’.

Excellent to know that’s not the case with the Blue Note store! I can order all those pre-orders and still get 30% off on top! 🙌

Baby Monster is so excited for the next Blue Note storewide sale! 🤪😚🐒😁👾😍

I want to marry Blue Note! I am so in love with their catalogue and they’ve been absolutely killing it in terms of reissues since 2019! 🔥🔥🔥

Baby Monster is so excited for the next Blue Note storewide sale! 🤪😚🐒😁👾😍

I want to marry Blue Note! I am so in love with their catalogue and they’ve been absolutely killing it in terms of reissues since 2019! 🔥🔥🔥
Hard agree. Theyve been killing it.
Currently trying to talk myself out of buying the only 4 tone poets Im missing from udiscover since they have a 30% off code right now.
Happy to hear theyre also continuing that line into year 3 and this amazing Classics line. They will certainly be getting alot of business from me next year.

Cheers, thank you! ;)

I skipped the Re:Imagined record -- wanted to hear what the consensus was before I grabbed it. @MikeH I think you're the first positive review I've heard! What's elevating it for you?

Ambrose's On the Tender Spot of Every Calloused Moment is phenomenal. He's got a great catalog but this title may be my favorite.

Cheers, thank you! ;)

I skipped the Re:Imagined record -- wanted to hear what the consensus was before I grabbed it. @MikeH I think you're the first positive review I've heard! What's elevating it for you?

Ambrose's On the Tender Spot of Every Calloused Moment is phenomenal. He's got a great catalog but this title may be my favorite.
have people not been liking it? i'm enjoying it on first spin. I think if you like a bunch or the artists on it, not sure why you wouldn't enjoy the record.

and the Ambrose album is my favorite jazz album of the year hands down. I agree--he has an amazing catalogue of studio albums up until now. I wish more were easily found on vinyl. I have When The Heart from the VMP BN box set, but his other stuff,under his own name, isn't pressed or is crazy expensive.

Finally got around to spinning this Blue Note Re:Imagined record. Grabbed the copy on blue vinyl along with a signed copy of Ambrose Akinmusire (which arrived surprisingly not only signed, but hand-numbered out of 50!). The Re:Imagined record is really great so far! Anybody else grab that one? @dropsonde back on topic :)
I think I did but haven’t received it yet.

[Edit] Just checked. Ordered the “exclusive blue” and it’s due Thursday. (y)

Last edited:
Currently trying to talk myself out of buying the only 4 tone poets Im missing from udiscover since they have a 30% off code right now.
Happy to hear theyre also continuing that line into year 3 and this amazing Classics line. They will certainly be getting alot of business from me next year.
What’s the code?

30% off! My gosh you guys are so spoilt in the U.S. with discounts on vinyl!!! 🔥🔥🔥

Back