The Blue Note Thread

And I’ve got a lot of friends from a vinyl forum who I want to see in person, and most of them live in the U.S. and Canada, so it would be better for my social life living in the U.S. 🕺

I think your other reasons are ridiculous, but this is awesome. When all this COVID stuff is behind us hopefully we can all have a big N&G meetup.

Stay gold Nathan.

Wow, those titles are all amazing in the Classic series! I wish they got the Tone Poet treatment (RTI, more fancy jackets) instead but I am very happy overall with this announcement!

I’ll be buying every single one of those titles! They are all spectacular albums! I’m just going to try and buy the titles on Amazon AU, so I can have them replaced if they are badly warped or anything!

Super happy though! I’m looking really forward to this series!
They can't do TP for everything - there aren't enough quality session photos. MM took most of the better known pics, and quite often used pics which were not even from the session on the record.
Another issue is that the Francis Wolff catalog is not owned by BN/Universal, so they would have to pay license fees - and then they would cost more, like TP price.
This series is not to duplicate MM. That would just piss off all those who bought the MM editions. It is aimed at buyers coming into BN who have never heard of MM, and ate looking for the warhorses but at a price point.

Yeah Trump is a deal-breaker.
Trump isn’t a deal-breaker for me. It’s shocking he’s the president and that many Americans love him, but it’s definitely OK for me even though I dislike him.

There are so many great things about the U.S., such as entertainment (concerts), and travelling and diversity etc. It seems like a great country to live in!

But the dealbreaker for me is the that when you dine in the U.S. you have to tip the restaurant. I love eating out and the tipping service is the deal-breaker for me.

But then look out how good the vinyl and concerts and travelling and everything else is! I’d have to live in a city I want to live in the U.S. first to see how I find it! 😊

Trump isn’t a deal-breaker for me. It’s shocking he’s the president and that many Americans love him, but it’s definitely OK for me even though I dislike him.

There are so many great things about the U.S., such as entertainment (concerts), and travelling and diversity etc. It seems like a great country to live in!

But the dealbreaker for me is the that when you dine in the U.S. you have to tip the restaurant. I love eating out and the tipping service is the deal-breaker for me.

But then look out how good the vinyl and concerts and travelling and everything else is! I’d have to live in a city I want to live in the U.S. first to see how I find it! 😊

If you only look at the entertainment side, yes it's definitely a great coutry, probably the best. But life is not only about entertainment, unfortunately. You may have health issue, face unemployment, send your children to school. All of these three essential things in life can be a real problem when you live in the US, and there are many others.

I love to spend holidays in the US and i had the chance to go to different places, states and cities. Though, from what I saw and what I did, it's not a country where I want to live or even where I can see myself living. Well, except NYC but I've always heard Americans saying that NYC is not the US.

PS: I hope I won't offend any US citizen, that's not my intention.

If you only look at the entertainment side, yes it's definitely a great coutry, probably the best. But life is not only about entertainment, unfortunately. You may have health issue, face unemployment, send your children to school. All of these three essential things in life can be a real problem when you live in the US, and there are many others.

I love to spend holidays in the US and i had the chance to go to different places, states and cities. Though, from what I saw and what I did, it's not a country where I want to live or even where I can see myself living. Well, except NYC but I've always heard Americans saying that NYC is not the US.

PS: I hope I won't offend any US citizen, that's not my intention.
Can you see yourself living in Athens, Greece Skalap? Would you like living in that city?

What about Mexico City? Do you think you’d enjoy living there?

That’s so interesting New York is the only city in America you can see yourself living in!

One last question. Can you see yourself living in Copenhagen or Helsinki Skalap?

Can you see yourself living in Athens, Greece Skalap? Would you like living in that city?

What about Mexico City? Do you think you’d enjoy living there?

That’s so interesting New York is the only city in America you can see yourself living in!

One last question. Can you see yourself living in Copenhagen or Helsinki Skalap?

I've never been in these cities so I can't tell you.

I've never been in these cities so I can't tell you.
Oh wow, you’ve never been to Athens! I would’ve never have guessed that! There’s too much destinations to travel too though! Like I’ve never been to France!

I could live in Athens and Mexico City so that’s why I thought I’d ask. Also, I wanted to know your thoughts on a city like Copenhagen and Finland because maybe those cities might be too “clean” for you.

I’ve met French people, particularly from Paris who said they couldn’t live in Switzerland or in a ‘clean’ city. A lot of people said they don’t like Paris too because it’s too dirty in their opinion.

I think I would definitely like to live in Paris from what I’ve heard from people though. Paris would definitely be a city I’d love! The food, music, people, beauty, culture! It would be amazing!

You live in Paris so it would be interesting to hear what you think of people thinking that they feel Paris is a dirty city!

Oh wow, you’ve never been to Athens! I would’ve never have guessed that! There’s too much destinations to travel too though! Like I’ve never been to France!

I could live in Athens and Mexico City so that’s why I thought I’d ask. Also, I wanted to know your thoughts on a city like Copenhagen and Finland because maybe those cities might be too “clean” for you.

I’ve met French people, particularly from Paris who said they couldn’t live in Switzerland or in a ‘clean’ city. A lot of people said they don’t like Paris too because it’s too dirty in their opinion.

I think I would definitely like to live in Paris from what I’ve heard from people though. Paris would definitely be a city I’d love! The food, music, people, beauty, culture! It would be amazing!

You live in Paris so it would be interesting to hear what you think of people thinking that they feel Paris is a dirty city!

I think they are right.

I think they are right.
But I think that’s totally fine if the city is dirty. It’s better if it’s clean, but not everything can be perfect.

Even if crime was quite high in Melbourne, it wouldn’t change much on how I feel about living in the city.

I care a lot about music and food, which Paris ticks the box! Also, demographically speaking, Paris is in an amazing spot! I also love it when a city is very multicultural too and Paris is also very multicultural and Paris also has really nice gardens too! I think I also wouldn’t mind living in the ghettos in Paris as well! Would be quite an experience!

Paris is just such an amazing city! I really want to go there just thinking about it! 😭

But I think that’s totally fine if the city is dirty. It’s better if it’s clean, but not everything can be perfect.

Even if crime was quite high in Melbourne, it wouldn’t change much on how I feel about living in the city.

I care a lot about music and food, which Paris ticks the box! Also, demographically speaking, Paris is in an amazing spot! I also love it when a city is very multicultural too and Paris is also very multicultural and Paris also has really nice gardens too! I think I also wouldn’t mind living in the ghettos in Paris as well! Would be quite an experience!

Paris is just such an amazing city! I really want to go there just thinking about it! 😭

I don't know if it's fine or not but I know that with a little effort the city could be way more clean and enjoyable. Some people think that because they are in a public space they can do whatever they want with no respect to other people. They are a minority but enough to turn the city in a mess.

Paris is great for its diversity. You can eat different food at every meal and never repeat. You also have a lot of museums, concert venues, etc... But I would say that you have it in every big city. I could live in Paris but can't afford it. I live in the suburbs and I am happy with. I have a large flat, all local shops and the best sushi restaurant I've ever tried. I live to get lost in Paris though. It's the best way to discover the city as it's small enough so you won't get lost too long but you'll always find something nice and unexpected.

I don't know if it's fine or not but I know that with a little effort the city could be way more clean and enjoyable. Some people think that because they are in a public space they can do whatever they want with no respect to other people. They are a minority but enough to turn the city in a mess.

Paris is great for its diversity. You can eat different food at every meal and never repeat. You also have a lot of museums, concert venues, etc... But I would say that you have it in every big city. I could live in Paris but can't afford it. I live in the suburbs and I am happy with. I have a large flat, all local shops and the best sushi restaurant I've ever tried. I live to get lost in Paris though. It's the best way to discover the city as it's small enough so you won't get lost too long but you'll always find something nice and unexpected.
I love that description in the last paragraph! I can’t wait to visit Paris in the future and to also meet you too! Yeah, it’s true that all big cities have great venues and a lot of good food! I think that’s why I really like Melbourne too. I have a feeling Paris might be my favourite city ever though if I visit it!

Do you realize that the servers essentially don't get paid most places if you don't tip them? Just pretend prices are 20% higher than the menu and it is no big deal. Just like adapting to culture in any country you visit, if you respect different cultures you can adapt.

Trump isn’t a deal breaker but tipping is? Wow. That says a lot about your character.

Trump isn’t a deal breaker but tipping is? Wow. That says a lot about your character.
I didn’t mean to come off like that. I don’t like Trump but I just feel like he wouldn’t have as a huge impact on my well-being compared to the 20% tipping fee that comes with dining in.

I love eating out/dining and it means I’d do it less because of the fee. And I just know it would be more affordable in Melbourne with the general wages when it comes to eating out compared to any city in the U.S. with the wages + dining in at a Café/restaurant.

Consuming vinyl is much cheaper though in the U.S. and the variety is better on top! But for me, food is #1.

Travelling is much better though from the U.S., so I can imagine that being a reason I prefer living there as flights are cheaper and closer to countries!

I didn’t mean to come off like that. I don’t like Trump but I just feel like he wouldn’t have as a huge impact on my well-being compared to the 20% tipping fee that comes with dining in.

I love eating out/dining and it means I’d do it less because of the fee. And I just know it would be more affordable in Melbourne with the general wages when it comes to eating out compared to any city in the U.S. with the wages + dining in at a Café/restaurant.

Consuming vinyl is much cheaper though in the U.S. and the variety is better on top! But for me, food is #1.

Travelling is much better though from the U.S., so I can imagine that being a reason I prefer living there as flights are cheaper and closer to countries!
That's an interesting assumption, but there are restaurants at many many different price points, especially in cities, so you saying that just comes off as hating the idea of tipping instead of actually being sure it is more expensive. I don't think your impression that overall dining out in the US is more expensive than dining out in other countries with similar costs of living is correct.

Do you realize that the servers essentially don't get paid most places if you don't tip them? Just pretend prices are 20% higher than the menu and it is no big deal. Just like adapting to culture in any country you visit, if you respect different cultures you can adapt.
I hate that servers don’t get a proper wage. I’m so against that! They should be paid equally and shouldn’t have to count on customers to pay them their wage.

But then again I come from a country that’s very different when it comes to how servers are paid. If I grew up in the U.S., probably my mindset would be much different!

I hate that servers don’t get a proper wage. I’m so against that! They should be paid equally and shouldn’t have to count on customers to pay them their wage.

But then again I come from a country that’s very different when it comes to how servers are paid. If I grew up in the U.S., probably my mindset would be much different!
If you ever visit a friend here, just have them print you out a menu ahead of time and edit all the prices to 20% higher and you probably won't notice. ;)

If you are in a real city and you are worried about prices, it is a good excuse to actually go to more authentic mom and pop restaurants instead of expensive hipster spots, which to me, at least when it comes to ethnic places, is one of the main reasons I wish I lived in a city.

That's an interesting assumption, but there are restaurants at many many different price points, especially in cities, so you saying that just comes off as hating the idea of tipping instead of actually being sure it is more expensive.
Yeah, just from what I’ve heard from a lot of people that have travelled to the U.S. They said takeaway food/junk food is cheaper than in Melbourne in general, but dining in is actually more expensive. It might have to do with the Australian dollar however.

But yeah, they said like the meals at restaurants are close to the same price to Australia in dollars regardless of currency, then there’s the tipping/tax on top and then the conversion.

Melbourne is an expensive city to live in, but food/dining is pretty affordable in my opinion, especially for how much you earn. I’d have to go to the U.S. and live there and work in warehouses and factories to compare. I’ve worked at the Amazon warehouse in Melbourne. I remember how much I got paid per hour. I’d have to compare that to the wage in the U.S. and then look at a lot of restaurants and their menus!

I’ve heard clothes is much cheaper. Concerts are cheaper too in the U.S. I know for sure vinyl is cheaper in the U.S. too, and junk food is as well, but I hear that restaurants/dining in is expensive.

If you ever visit a friend here, just have them print you out a menu ahead of time and edit all the prices to 20% higher and you probably won't notice. ;)

If you are in a real city and you are worried about prices, it is a good excuse to actually go to more authentic mom and pop restaurants instead of expensive hipster spots, which to me, at least when it comes to ethnic places, is one of the main reasons I wish I lived in a city.
I hate that 20% extra though!!! 😂😭

Yeah, you’re right in saying that it’s a good excuse to go to more authentic restaurants! I do like going to all kinds of restaurants though (ethnic, fancy, hipster, cheap, unpretentious, fusion, homely etc).

Where do you live by the way if you don’t live in a city! I’m so curious to know where you live now! I’m guessing your home is surrounded by/is really close to a lot of beautiful nature?

Back