The Blue Note Thread

I think this is a pretty good deal for anyone looking for the 45RPM MM of In n Out:

$55+ shipping. It’s cheaper than the MM store by a bunch and OOP.
This was also a BN80 reissue too but the MM is pretty fantastic. I picked one up when Elusive Disc was getting rid of their inventory about a year ago. Great album.

This was also a BN80 reissue too but the MM is pretty fantastic. I picked one up when Elusive Disc was getting rid of their inventory about a year ago. Great album.
I have the MM as well and it sounds awesome. Not sure how the BN80 compares but it’s an amazing album so I was happy to grab it for around $50 a year or two ago.

this one is also make an offer so you could likely offer $50 or $55 shipped.

Here's some Blue Note recommendations for starting off:

Grant Green - Idle Moments
Lee Morgan - Sidewinder
Art Blakey - Moanin'
Cannonball Adderley - Somethin Else
Dexter Gordon - Go

As mentioned already, check out the jazz thread for more recommendations.

Keep in mind there's a jazz festival every year at the Gateshead Sage near you. This year's festival was cancelled, but hopefully it will be rearranged once things calm down.

Thanks mate.

Will check those out. Already have Cannonball Adderley on vinyl and love that!

Can anyone comment on the quality of the Ellington/Hodges Back to Back AP?
I see it's on sale at AS for $35. I have an original and it sounds fantastic, but its like a low VG so has areas with noise, so been lookin to upgrade. Woulda been nice if it was part of the $25 sale a few weeks ago.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the Ellington/Hodges Back to Back AP?
I see it's on sale at AS for $35. I have an original and it sounds fantastic, but its like a low VG so has areas with noise, so been lookin to upgrade. Woulda been nice if it was part of the $25 sale a few weeks ago.

I don't have that specific record, but I've never been disappointed by AP personally.

Back