The Beatles

That listing was weird - the 2012 in the headline would suggest the stereo version but the description v clearly said 2014 and mono. At the v least you can complain and get your money back if you don't get the money. Mono so much better for both those albums.
If it goes through and I get what I want I'll be surprised, but I'm hopeful.

Sometimes you spill your coffee and shit happens............
20191204_205656.jpg

So my daughter sent this to me, she was working on a project and spilled her coffee, some of it ended up on this piece of paper she had off to the side, she said that she was staring at it and the part that was spilled reminder her of part of the Abbey Road cover, she didn't really explain what the original spill looked like, but, some additional coffee later, a straw and a brush and we have this, lol.

Sometimes you spill your coffee and shit happens............
View attachment 24990

So my daughter sent this to me, she was working on a project and spilled her coffee, some of it ended up on this piece of paper she had off to the side, she said that she was staring at it and the part that was spilled reminder her of part of the Abbey Road cover, she didn't really explain what the original spill looked like, but, some additional coffee later, a straw and a brush and we have this, lol.
That's fantastic.

The 2LP one? I have that. I like the remaster (although it’s the most controversial and divisive of the 3 to date) but the disc 2 alternative pepper’s is shockingly bad to me.
It's almost like a peak into the recording studio than it is a bunch of alternate versions of the songs...if that makes sense.

The sessions album is the star of that release. Overall, it's a dud though.

Haha! One of the rare occasions I disagree with you! I hate that sessions disc and really like the new stereo mix. That said I’m massively not a fan of the original stereo mix and Giles’ stated aim of creating a stereo mix that was faithful to the mono was always going to be much more up my street!

Haha! One of the rare occasions I disagree with you! I hate that sessions disc and really like the new stereo mix. That said I’m massively not a fan of the original stereo mix and Giles’ stated aim of creating a stereo mix that was faithful to the mono was always going to be much more up my street!
You’re mad. I like the new stereo mix, but the bonkers phase stereo mix is amazing.

Is the recent sgt pepper anniversary reissue worth it for the sessions album?
Do you like Anthology? If so, then yeah, you’ll like the two disc. If you don’t then not so much. Also, the single disc pressing by all accounts blows the special edition out of the water. I know @HiFi Guy doesnt think much of it at all and I love my single disc.

Long story short, stream it. If you feel like you want it on vinyl buy it::.

I gave the 2014 mono pepper and don’t listen to the stereo mix at all probably( like the white album) but I enjoy these abbey and white album sessions
The White Album extras are super special. The Abbey Road is good. The Sgt Pepper is for completists and as a SUPER Beatles fan, I didn’t even care.

Back