The Beatles

I finally picked up my first Beatles record on vinyl! Got the single LP of the Abbey Road anniversary. Love love love it. So does the wife. I think I've finally hit the snowball on picking up a few more albums. I know I'm in for the anniversary White Album and I think I remember from the other place that the anniversary Sgt Peppers is not good? I'm hoping to luck into their other albums somehow. Any other pressings to look out for/avoid?

I finally picked up my first Beatles record on vinyl! Got the single LP of the Abbey Road anniversary. Love love love it. So does the wife. I think I've finally hit the snowball on picking up a few more albums. I know I'm in for the anniversary White Album and I think I remember from the other place that the anniversary Sgt Peppers is not good? I'm hoping to luck into their other albums somehow. Any other pressings to look out for/avoid?
The Anniversary Sgt. Peppers was my snowball into the Beatles. The record itself sounds good but I think some didn't care for the mix. I personally really like it.

The Anniversary Sgt. Peppers was my snowball into the Beatles. The record itself sounds good but I think some didn't care for the mix. I personally really like it.
I really enjoy the 2017 mix as well. Still on the lookout for a nice mono copy though.

Grab the Rubber Soul and Revolver 2014 mono presses while they are still available @trickyseven

I really enjoy the 2017 mix as well. Still on the lookout for a nice mono copy though.

Grab the Rubber Soul and Revolver 2014 mono presses while they are still available @trickyseven
Thanks mates, you are making decisions easier.

I see an NM 2014 mono Revolver and Rubber Soul on ebay for $45 each. Nice price or too much?

I should add that those are my two favorite Beatles albums.

Stores still have Revolver mono for retail pricing? *intrigued*

worth a shot even though picture says stereo...could always return it if it wasn’t :)

$45 is a bit high for those two, but if evidence shows the prices will go up, even from new stock sellers. My local Newbury Comics has caught on to the value of these mono pressings and marked up their remainjng white album copy to $60. Pretty scummy in my opinion.

I’ve paid scalped prices for these for a while in total ~$30 total behind retail value. I now have AHDN and RS-S/T. Just the other day I saw nice used copies of For Sale and the debut for $40 which is a solid price for both, but I had to remind myself those aren’t going to see heavy play from me. At this point it’s pretty much too late to assemble a full discography of the monos without paying a large amount of scalpers fees, so I had to draw the line in the sand somewhere....

Obviously I’m still suffering FOMO lol. It’s really a shame as this series was great and should remain in print but that seems unlikely to be rectified soon IMO. Now that it’s joining the ranks of early monos price wise it’s good to remember are plenty of other affordable Beatles pressings with good sound. HTM cut UK reissues are a good place to look if you like stereo mixes.

Rubber Soul and Revolver were the last ones still hanging around when they went out of print so it makes sense those 2 could be hanging around. Now if anyone finds a Help Mono at retail that would be impressive (and let me know because I desperately want it!)

Rubber Soul and Revolver were the last ones still hanging around when they went out of print so it makes sense those 2 could be hanging around. Now if anyone finds a Help Mono at retail that would be impressive (and let me know because I desperately want it!)
The white and mono masters are still floating around too

Fun fact: if you type "Help Mono" into Google, you get great advice on how to treat and cope with mononucleosis.

Well, all the locals I talked to said that the copies of Revolver and Rubber Soul were listed incorrectly on their sites and were not the mono versions. Guitar Center had both listed as mono and the sales went through, but don't ship until mid November(?) so we'll see if that's real or not.

Well, all the locals I talked to said that the copies of Revolver and Rubber Soul were listed incorrectly on their sites and were not the mono versions. Guitar Center had both listed as mono and the sales went through, but don't ship until mid November(?) so we'll see if that's real or not.
That listing was weird - the 2012 in the headline would suggest the stereo version but the description v clearly said 2014 and mono. At the v least you can complain and get your money back if you don't get the money. Mono so much better for both those albums.

Back