The Beatles

Nope. Reveals the same disappointing mix. I’ve heard the two disc is spectacular and I’m sorry that I decided it was too damn expensive when it came out.

No more that with a good quiet press you crank it and joy and with that one it’s just the same. The twist of the knob is the more general reveal between the good and the shit...

Do you like Anthology? If so, then yeah, you’ll like the two disc. If you don’t then not so much. Also, the single disc pressing by all accounts blows the special edition out of the water. I know @HiFi Guy doesnt think much of it at all and I love my single disc.

Long story short, stream it. If you feel like you want it on vinyl buy it::.

Not directly related to the main convo here, but I just finished spinning my 3xLP Anthology 1 today and I loved it. My 3yo developed a Beatles fixation over the past year and it forced me to reevaluate their early work. Now that I know the first few albums and singles really well, hearing a bunch of live takes felt intoxicating. Great joy!

I've put my search for copies of mono Revolver and Rubber Soul on hold for a bit. However, when I got the Music Direct catalog, they had listed mono copies in there on the Beatles page. At first I thought that they were just leftovers from the 2014 press that they never removed from the catalog, but on a whim I called MD to see what's up. The guy said they weren't in stock, but was confident that if they were in the catalog, then they must be made available in 2020. So, maybe there is a repress of the mono happening? I'm not holding out hope that that is the case, since he didn't sound like he knew anything else about it, but I guess watch this space?

I've put my search for copies of mono Revolver and Rubber Soul on hold for a bit. However, when I got the Music Direct catalog, they had listed mono copies in there on the Beatles page. At first I thought that they were just leftovers from the 2014 press that they never removed from the catalog, but on a whim I called MD to see what's up. The guy said they weren't in stock, but was confident that if they were in the catalog, then they must be made available in 2020. So, maybe there is a repress of the mono happening? I'm not holding out hope that that is the case, since he didn't sound like he knew anything else about it, but I guess watch this space?
That would be great, but don't hold your breath. I went through this with a cart that was showing up in the catalog but not on the site, was told the same thing, in the end the cart was not going to be available at all, I was told the manufacturer wasn't going to continue a production of the item. Hopefully, this goes differently for all of those still wanting to pick up the mono releases :)

I’ve been wondering what they are gonna do. I think we’re gonna end up with two box sets... - a Get Back soundtrack featuring a best of not on Let it Be and the rooftop concert and we’ll get Let It Be with Naked and a Fly on the Wall just for shits and giggles. We’ll also get a revisionist essay from Paul talking about how hunky dory the Let It Be sessions were and how he likes what Spector did with the record.

I’ve been wondering what they are gonna do. I think we’re gonna end up with two box sets... - a Get Back soundtrack featuring a best of not on Let it Be and the rooftop concert and we’ll get Let It Be with Naked and a Fly on the Wall just for shits and giggles. We’ll also get a revisionist essay from Paul talking about how hunky dory the Let It Be sessions were and how he likes what Spector did with the record.

I dunno given that Spector was John’s decision and the whole Naked thing being his baby he might still throw that under the bus. But yeah revisionist recording history without a doubt and the bass and drums suspectly high in the mix (I wonder which two members are still alive 🤔).

I dunno given that Spector was John’s decision and the whole Naked thing being his baby he might still throw that under the bus. But yeah revisionist recording history without a doubt and the bass and drums suspectly high in the mix (I wonder which two members are still alive 🤔).
Nah... his diss will be subtle. He’ll have Giles work on Naked and Get Back, but Let It Be will just be AAA release.

From reading the Hoffman forum and general consensus, it’s looking like a 3 or 4 cd plus Blu Ray Set .. a Giles Martin 2020 let it be mix, a Glyn Johns 1969 Get Back recreation, a sessions disc/s and the new Peter Jackson movie with poss the original Let it Be movie finally ......

...or not!

From reading the Hoffman forum and general consensus, it’s looking like a 3 or 4 cd plus Blu Ray Set .. a Giles Martin 2020 let it be mix, a Glyn Johns 1969 Get Back recreation, a sessions disc/s and the new Peter Jackson movie with poss the original Let it Be movie finally ......

...or not!

Do you think the films will be in the same package as the music? I’d be extremely doubtful. I think we’ll get the Jackson film on DVD/Blu with 🤞🏻the original doc as a bonus disc. I think there will be a separate music that’ll likely be Giles 50th and Get Back recreation on vinyl and that + cuts on vinyl. I’m hoping Naked will be in there too but sadly I have a sinking feeling that it won’t...

Do you think the films will be in the same package as the music? I’d be extremely doubtful. I think we’ll get the Jackson film on DVD/Blu with 🤞🏻the original doc as a bonus disc. I think there will be a separate music that’ll likely be Giles 50th and Get Back recreation on vinyl and that + cuts on vinyl. I’m hoping Naked will be in there too but sadly I have a sinking feeling that it won’t...

I’m really hoping they recreate the original Let it Be vinyl and book box set ...it will depend if they want Get Back movie/soundtrack to be one thing ..and Let it Be another ..defo looks like a Glyn Johns Get Back will be in there somewhere...

And combining the two could give us something to match the White Album super deluxe..I’m hoping it’s in black with the portraits printed in white into plastic like the white album and matches the size ...would be well cool ..

I’m really hoping they recreate the original Let it Be vinyl and book box set ...it will depend if they want Get Back movie/soundtrack to be one thing ..and Let it Be another ..defo looks like a Glyn Johns Get Back will be in there somewhere...

And combining the two could give us something to match the White Album super deluxe..I’m hoping it’s in black with the portraits printed in white into plastic like the white album and matches the size ...would be well cool ..

Honestly I’m dubious. If there’s one thing that The Beatles’ management are good at its making money and maximising revenues. I can’t see any situation where films and music are the same package, there have been no films in the last 3 50th packages that I’m aware of.

Back