The Beatles

On one hand I would like to get the Beatles box with Esher demos, but on the other hand, my Kallax is packed and I don't have room in my Beatles section for it. And I can't get into moving records on my shelves, the task is Herculean at this point. So I think I am going to wait for a while, the box is below 50 shipped on eBay at this point.

View attachment 115474

Working my way through the deluxe edition with a sazerac - so far I’ve listened to the new mix of Let It Be, the Glyn John’s mix of Get Back, and the Let It Be EP.

Overall I’m very impressed with this set, the packaging is top notch and everything I’ve listened to so far sounds great to my ears. Next up - the Apple Sessions and Apple Jams. After a other drink.

View attachment 115475

Apple Sessions, Apple Jams....Apple Juice

I haven’t purchased it. It seems like a lot of money for their weakest effort.

i was under the impression that the hardbound book was the biggest factor to its price bump. i havent seen the book myself yet but i would imagine a hard-bound coffee table ish book would be worth the price in addition to all the extra LPs and new mix

I listened through Let It Be over the weekend, I enjoyed it. I needed another copy of this like I needed a hole in my head, lol. But, mixing controversies aside, it's a nice package, I'm a fan of outtakes, especially when it comes to The Beatles and the book is beautiful. So I think it really depends on where you're coming at this from. If you "like" the Beatles as in another group among many that you feel need to at least exist in your collection, there are way more less expensive, quality, alternatives. At the other end of the spectrum, if your a die hard, ya, you buy it. Then if you're one of those really curious people who just needs to find out for yourself............well, here I am ;)

In the grand scheme of things I didn't mind the cost based on the package and book, it also has a handful of my favorite Beatles songs on it.

Last edited:
I listened through Let It Be over the weekend, I enjoyed it. I needed another copy of this like I needed a hole in my head, lol. But, mixing controversies aside, it's a nice package, I'm a fan of outtakes, especially when it comes to The Beatles and the book is beautiful. So I think it really depends on where your coming at this from. If you "like" the Beatles as in another group among many that you feel need to at least exist in your collection, there are way more less expensive, quality, alternatives. At the other end of the spectrum, if your a die hard, ya, you buy it. Then if you're one of those really curious people who just needs to find out for yourself............well, here I am ;)

In the grand scheme of things I didn't mind the cost based on the package and book, it also has a handful of my favorite Beatles songs on it.
I’ll probably end up with it, my next box is going to be the new Mark Knopfler box.

I listened through Let It Be over the weekend, I enjoyed it. I needed another copy of this like I needed a hole in my head, lol. But, mixing controversies aside, it's a nice package, I'm a fan of outtakes, especially when it comes to The Beatles and the book is beautiful. So I think it really depends on where you're coming at this from. If you "like" the Beatles as in another group among many that you feel need to at least exist in your collection, there are way more less expensive, quality, alternatives. At the other end of the spectrum, if your a die hard, ya, you buy it. Then if you're one of those really curious people who just needs to find out for yourself............well, here I am ;)

I probably didn't need this one, but I don't have a solid copy of Let It Be and the price on PopMarket was pretty solid considering all you got in the box (I think it was something like $115?). Quality is pretty nice and I'm not die-hard enough to go into the minutae of the mixes and how it differs from other pressings/mixes.

Came in here this morning to see how the Let It Be reissue is…..and you all made me go out and get a copy of White Album w/Esher Demos. I thought I saw a copy of it at the local Wal*Mart, months ago, while my gf was looking for some stuff there. Sure enough, it was still there for $50, so I yoinked it and am on Side 4 of the demos. Money. Well. Spent. Thanks, enablers! 2A5580AD-3781-4E7E-922C-3F168740DE8D.jpeg

Whelp, just looked it up on discogs and saw a sealed one for $60. Impulse purchased. Yes I did check Walmart, but theirs was $72. Which is what I ended up paying after shipping and taxes anyway but EH.

Whelp, just looked it up on discogs and saw a sealed one for $60. Impulse purchased. Yes I did check Walmart, but theirs was $72. Which is what I ended up paying after shipping and taxes anyway but EH.
the big box stores have the $50 deal because they have had it in stock for two years. Enjoy it!

Back