The Beatles

Last edited:
My spoiler free thoughts on episode one - I absolutely loved it but could see how it might come across a tad bit plodding for non-fanatics. That being said I’m definitely glad to get all the minutia!
Yeah I just finished part 1 today. It's definitely A LOT of just fly-on-the-wall making music. But I absolutely love it. However yeah if you're not a giant fan, it's probably gonna bore you at some point. Onto part two!

Also, so far it hasn’t really changed my opinion of how the band came to dissolve. There’s a little more context in that it’s clear that not touring and Epstein’s death lead to a shift that was insurmountable. There are moments of joy, but there is also a lot of what we already knew, the band is growing apart.

Also, so far it hasn’t really changed my opinion of how the band came to dissolve. There’s a little more context in that it’s clear that not touring and Epstein’s death lead to a shift that was insurmountable. There are moments of joy, but there is also a lot of what we already knew, the band is growing apart.
Yep, that is in full effect here. How George was the only one that really went mad is beyond me, and yes I mean the Yoko effect. I agree, after Epstein died it was a rudderless ship and the two main ego's went out of control.

Yep, that is in full effect here. How George was the only one that really went mad is beyond me, and yes I mean the Yoko effect. I agree, after Epstein died it was a rudderless ship and the two main ego's went out of control.
I found it very humorous that Linda looked pretty embarrassed when Paul started talking smack about Yoko.

Agree with what everyone is saying.. as a casual Beatles fan, Part I was interesting but at the same time a little slow/boring. Paul wants more, George is unhappy with the stuff Paul wants to do, John seems checked out, and Ringo never talks. Yoko sitting around is just weird. We've all had that friend who starts bringing around a significant other to the group of friends, and it's awkward in real non-celebrity pressured life. In that situation it had to be an issue... even if Yoko was the nicest person in the world.

I'm really looking forward to Part II.

Watched part 1..glad I watched alone as my wife would have been bored shitless ..defo for proper Beatles anoraks imo...but some great moments scattered..you could see George getting ready to blow ..they so needed a manager ..great quality imo ..the instrumental closer on the credits so should’ve been on the let it be Box Set

Just as a corrective to everyone else, I really enjoyed part 1 and found part 2 much tougher going (apart from the cafe scene) until they properly start playing. I'm not sure I could watch this kind of documentary about any other band. But I find it utterly fascinating, and just so good to see them working out songs. It feels so powerful to me to see both what made them so amazing/successful, and what drove them apart.

But I find it utterly fascinating, and just so good to see them working out songs. It feels so powerful to me to see both what made them so amazing/successful, and what drove them apart.
Its one thing to read about what happened, might have happened, what was said and so on, its another to see it unfold in front of you, both the chemistry and comradery, along with the pain, displeasure and frustration.

It's been both enjoyable and painful to be a fly on the wall.

My daughter made an interesting comment - "Its weird to see them as just regular people"

Back