The Beatles

I have a mono white album from those reissues a few years back and am perfectly happy with it. But yeah I also just ordered the newer deluxe version for those Esher demos. I have heard them before, but I've somehow convinced myself I actually need them on vinyl... oops

2nd listen to 2021 Let it Be Vinyl Mix this morning. Thoroughly enjoying it! Ringo's drums have some extra pop, and there is just more room in mix for everything. Some might not like the speaking bits.

Likely to get to the digital extras later.

I have a mono white album from those reissues a few years back and am perfectly happy with it. But yeah I also just ordered the newer deluxe version for those Esher demos. I have heard them before, but I've somehow convinced myself I actually need them on vinyl... oops

Hahaha! You’re in good company. I’ve both too. And the MoFi of the original stereo mix…

…My name is Joe, I have a problem…

Just got my box as well! I'm enjoying the remix on first listen. Will spin the others later!

Did see this review on discogs as I went to enter it into my collection:

"1969 Glyn Johns Mix" my arse. They used the 1970 Mix for the most part and edited in the missing bits and pieces from the '69 mix tape with various errors. For example: "For You Blue" is the 1970 Mix with new vocals recorded in January 1970.

Yet for some bizzare reason, the 2 additional 1970 Glyn Johns tracks on the EP are sourced from the old "Vigotone" CD bootleg of John Barretts Cassete dub including a lot of distortion on "I Me Mine" from whatever remastering/frequency enhancing process they used. So you get a 1999 bootleg CD in worse Quality on vinyl. Way to go... :'D

I do like the Get Back LP, but it's pretty rough sounding in places. However, I can hear the sound the Beatles were trying to accomplish. It's just kind of messy, I guess on purpose though. The Across The Universe on the EP is nice, but I actually like the regular album version more. And the Let It Be on the Get Back LP is great...probably the best version to me in this collection. I've also now read most of the book but I had to put it away because it's so damn heavy. I'll come back to it later.

Now waiting for that White Album set...

Just got my box as well! I'm enjoying the remix on first listen. Will spin the others later!

Did see this review on discogs as I went to enter it into my collection:

"1969 Glyn Johns Mix" my arse. They used the 1970 Mix for the most part and edited in the missing bits and pieces from the '69 mix tape with various errors. For example: "For You Blue" is the 1970 Mix with new vocals recorded in January 1970.

Yet for some bizzare reason, the 2 additional 1970 Glyn Johns tracks on the EP are sourced from the old "Vigotone" CD bootleg of John Barretts Cassete dub including a lot of distortion on "I Me Mine" from whatever remastering/frequency enhancing process they used. So you get a 1999 bootleg CD in worse Quality on vinyl. Way to go... :'D
that sounds like someone with a axe to grind more than a review ;)

Back