The Beatles

Oh gawd... I used to collect playing cards and even have a few Theory 11 decks. Kinda past it now but this does have a non-zero amount of my interest.
Oh so was I big time, even had a few KS decks, lol. I was just telling a friend the same thing, been out of it so long now, but I have to grab a couple of these just from the Beatles stand point and the little ember of playing card enjoyment that still burns way, way down deep, lol

Last edited:
Oh so was I big time, even had a few KS decks, lol. I was just telling a friend the same thing, been out of it so long now, but I have to grab a couple of these just from the Beatles stand point and the little ember of playing card enjoyment that still burns way, way down deep, lol
Euchre is pretty big round these parts, so I have quite a collection of playing cards. I get one deck in the mail each month from Kings Wild, but most of them don't see a table because they're quite hard to read. I like Theory Eleven because they make great looking decks that you can actually play. The Star Wars and Avengers decks are tops, so I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Euchre is pretty big round these parts, so I have quite a collection of playing cards. I get one deck in the mail each month from Kings Wild, but most of them don't see a table because they're quite hard to read. I like Theory Eleven because they make great looking decks that you can actually play. The Star Wars and Avengers decks are tops, so I'll be picking this one up for sure!
Ah Jackson, I used to take some of his product photos back in the early days ;)
1636642388768.png

So here's something that's flown under the radar a bit, as far as I can tell.

I put off on getting the Abbey Road remix for a while, it was always on my "to buy" list but never really a priority. But finally, I picked it up from Acoustic Sounds a couple of weeks ago and when I went to add it to my Discogs collection, I discovered it's a new pressing that maybe came out a few months ago.

The original 2019 US pressing was done at QRP and the reviews for it have been mixed, with most people saying to seek out the European Optimal version if possible. But the new pressing has a "Made in Canada" sticker slapped on it, with I guess the assumption being it was pressed at PRP in Ontario instead. The small consensus I've seen online is that the flaws with the QRP version are gone with this new pressing, making it a comparable and more affordable option for those of us in North America who can't easily get Optimal.

Anyways I thought it was kind of interesting, although I haven't found an authoritative source talking about the new Canadian pressing. Its discogs entry should probably be updated at least to indicate it only came out in 2021 and not 2019, and that it's not pressed at QRP.

For those gearing up for Get Back on Disney + I would recommend the McCartney 321 which is also on there - nicely done programme with lots of Beatles stuff
Wish the sound editing was better on that, but yes, I enjoyed it. There were times it was difficult to hear them.

Welp, just bought six decks of Beatles cards. Hey, most of them are gifts!
this place has some insane Beatles Merch

waking up at 3am ET, anyone with me ?
images

Back