The Beatles

Listening to the main LP right now.

So this mix is a lot better than the original. On the ballads the strings are still there (I suppose it’s Spector and if you strip them it’s just Naked again) but whilst they are as inherently over the top as they’ve always been they do feel much more a part of the whole rather than just being plonked on top of an existing recording (which to be fair is what they were).

The rockers also have a bit more punch. I’m sure that a big part of that is that again, like all of Giles 50th remixes, Ringo and Paul feel higher in the mix than before.

The mastering is very good, not quite as good as the MoFi but considering the difference in price it’s not so far away!

Finally the pressing is excellent, like all modern Beatles pressings that I’ve owned have been. It’s the European release pressed at Optimal, I’m not sure where the US release is pressed.

That said just getting to The Long And Winding Road. Yeah this version is always going to sound absurd regardless of how well it’s mixed. Those strings, that choir and I agree with McCartney about that damn ridiculous harp on it!

Listening to the main LP right now.

So this mix is a lot better than the original. On the ballads the strings are still there (I suppose it’s Spector and if you strip them it’s just Naked again) but whilst they are as inherently over the top as they’ve always been they do feel much more a part of the whole rather than just being plonked on top of an existing recording (which to be fair is what they were).

The rockers also have a bit more punch. I’m sure that a big part of that is that again, like all of Giles 50th remixes, Ringo and Paul feel higher in the mix than before.

The mastering is very good, not quite as good as the MoFi but considering the difference in price it’s not so far away!

Finally the pressing is excellent, like all modern Beatles pressings that I’ve owned have been. It’s the European release pressed at Optimal, I’m not sure where the US release is pressed.
My prediction… a drunken @Joe Mac tonight ordering Naked after listening through this behemoth of a box ;)

Just coming to the end of the sessions etc. album.

It’s not bad. It’s not crap like Pepper’s disc 2 but it’s no Esher Sessons either. It probably analogous to the extra 2 discs on Abbey Road 50th quality wise.

Again really nice mastering and pressing.

So Get Back.

I really like this. I like the stripped down versions of the songs a lot but it is a little rough around the edges in places and so I can see why they didn’t want to release it as an album in its own right

If this is enjoyably raw and Spector is ott then Naked really is the perfect middle ground…

…DAMN IT!!!

With the Bowie box set on the horizon it’s not going to be any time soon. It’s an inevitability but not an imminent one 😂
Hey, what's that I hear? I think... yes it's definitely a bottle of bourbon calling your name. You don't want to disappoint it, DO YOUUUU?

Lemme know when it arrives.

So Get Back.

I really like this. I like the stripped down versions of the songs a lot but it is a little rough around the edges in places and so I can see why they didn’t want to release it as an album in its own right

If this is enjoyably raw and Spector is ott then Naked really is the perfect middle ground…

…DAMN IT!!!
So…..
1634345811565.gif

Let It Be off Get Back is a wonderful thing. No orchestra. No choir. Just the other 3 harmonising.

The Long And Winding Road without the choir orchestra and out of place harp is miles better too but, let’s face it, it’s also an inherently cheesy song even stripped back!

Back