The Beatles

Just going to caveat this with the statement that I know very little about Beatles pressings, but I stumbled across this Ebay listing earlier and looks to be a low number for the White Album? No. 0009062.

Just going to caveat this with the statement that I know very little about Beatles pressings, but I stumbled across this Ebay listing earlier and looks to be a low number for the White Album? No. 0009062.

Not that I need another copy of the White album, but have wanted an early serial numbered pressing for the collection, watching :)

Not that I need another copy of the White album, but have wanted an early serial numbered pressing for the collection, watching :)

Im guessing that you, like me, own three pressings of this already? In fact I’m guessing the same three pressings?

I think I’m set personally, the mono has a number on the front even if that means nothing to me lol!

Im guessing that you, like me, own three pressings of this already? In fact I’m guessing the same three pressings?

I think I’m set personally, the mono has a number on the front even if that means nothing to me lol!
I have the mono box, I have the MoFi, 2018 Remaster and I have it on CD..............AND, I just grabbed a 1968 UK 2nd press, lol. I think I'm done, lol.

Actually, this morning I'm really debating if I want to pursue the MoFi's I'm missing, I have the ones I really wanted, Help! is still on the fence, but the others I have all 80's UK presses and the mono box, wouldn't that money be better spent on actual missing albums, lol

Interesting article about Revolver through headphones:
"Presented by Sennheiser" lol

In all seriousness, one of the best parts of this hobby has been hearing something I've heard 1000 times differently. Going from my room speakers to headphones for listening is always fun for that very reason. I don't actually think I've done that with my copy of Revolver, I'll have to give that a go.

"Presented by Sennheiser" lol

In all seriousness, one of the best parts of this hobby has been hearing something I've heard 1000 times differently. Going from my room speakers to headphones for listening is always fun for that very reason. I don't actually think I've done that with my copy of Revolver, I'll have to give that a go.
Yup. I made some small but surprisingly effective upgrades (isolation) to my system recently and have been enjoying the collection like it was new again.

Yup. I made some small but surprisingly effective upgrades (isolation) to my system recently and have been enjoying the collection like it was new again.
Honestly, those are my favorite upgrades. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do upgrades across the board, but for me it's more fun to tweak something you love a little and enjoy the result.

Just don't judge me if I show up with a new phono at some point lol

Honestly, those are my favorite upgrades. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do upgrades across the board, but for me it's more fun to tweak something you love a little and enjoy the result.

Just don't judge me if I show up with a new phono at some point lol
Phono stage is next for me. At some point need to do something to have headphones be a possibility with my turntable.

Thought I would share these here. I have said this before, but when I first started buying records at carboot sales it seemed like every other stand had Beatles records and the like for sale. Nowadays people have caught on and I rarely see them, and when they do pop up the sellers want crazy prices for them. This week I was chatting to a seller that was primarily selling photographs and after I mentioned records he pulled out a suitcase full. Supposedly it was a house clearance from a David Bowie roadie. His family kept the Bowie records, many of which were signed, but sold off the rest to this gentleman. He had lots of interesting stuff, including a signed Beach Boys which I should really of bought (although I am lucky to have one already), and these 3 Beatles records. He only wanted a few quid so I bought them and have been listening today.

I have to admit to not really 'getting' the Beatles. Growing up in the UK, their music was played constantly and I honestly think I just grew bored of it over the years. Having said that, I listened to the White Album for the first time this morning and actually really enjoyed it. I think the fact that a lot of the songs were new to me helped.

Anyway, here are the photos. I THINK I have the pressings correctly listed in discogs. It took quite a while as there are so many nuances to look for.

IMG_1745.JPG

Last edited:
Back