The Beatles

One day I’ll buy the MoFi box.

It’ll probably end up cheaper than my now ongoing attempt to buy them all individually. Granted hopefully over a few years rather than all at once. All that money upfront is probably not a thing I can justify but doing it bit by bit as I sell off the FOMO VMP stuff I don’t like for miles over the odds feels easier to justify. Also proper sleeves, the decision they made regarding the ones in the box is baffling!

Back when the MoFi Box was done, the tapes were released to MoFi in California. They won’t let the tapes leave Abbey Road anymore as I understand it.
The tapes dont even come out at Abbey Road anymore. Policy is, use the hires digital transfers.
And when MOFI did them in the 80s the insurance policy was a million sams. Today it could well be 50 million. No one can afford an insurance policy like that.
Same with Bowie tapes. Insurance would kill it.
I like the vinyl remixes a lot.
My go to Abbey Road is the Japanese Pro-Use. Others - the recent AAA monos are fantastic, and hunting down a NM Japanese copy of others in stereo is easy, and they sound great.

The tapes dont even come out at Abbey Road anymore. Policy is, use the hires digital transfers.
And when MOFI did them in the 80s the insurance policy was a million sams. Today it could well be 50 million. No one can afford an insurance policy like that.
Same with Bowie tapes. Insurance would kill it.
I like the vinyl remixes a lot.
My go to Abbey Road is the Japanese Pro-Use. Others - the recent AAA monos are fantastic, and hunting down a NM Japanese copy of others in stereo is easy, and they sound great.
“HiRes” digital transfers were the issue with the stereo box. They made 24/192 hires transfers but didn’t use those to master the vinyl. They dumbed them down to CD quality 16/44 to master. Then they made the 24/48 USB apple thing. The USB files are the best Beatles digital available.

I’ll agree re: Japanese pressings. The British pressings used on the BC-13 Blue Box were very good as well.

Any recommended pressings of "With The Beatles" for a fan on a budget? Not fussed with stereo or mono, unless it matters a lot on this release.
I have this one I picked up for a $20 spot way back........and it was sealed. Sounds fantastic, you can still find them at a good price :)

Last edited:
I’m finally listening to the MoFi of the white through tubes into the Lintons. I’ve got to say that the more I listen the more this mix leaves the 2014 mono and the Giles mix in the dust. They’re stellar but I think the mix of MoFi magic sauce and this being the mix for white makes it all wonderful!

I’m finally listening to the MoFi of the white through tubes into the Lintons. I’ve got to say that the more I listen the more this mix leaves the 2014 mono and the Giles mix in the dust. They’re stellar but I think the mix of MoFi magic sauce and this being the mix for white makes it all wonderful!
Outside of MMT, the other Beatles MoFi's I own are stellar in my opinion.

Outside of MMT, the other Beatles MoFi's I own are stellar in my opinion.

Oh yeah they’re all magic pressings. But the albums prior to this I prefer the mono mix so as well as mofi have done with the mix I’d prefer the 2014 mono. This one is that magic point where I prefer the mix and the mofi magic on top. After obviously no mono so I want all these lol!

I collected most of the Beatles MOFIs here and there through Ebay. I did it with a mix of buying individual records that were broken up from the larger MOFI set and buying the individual releases which are so much cooler since you get the album art. The one I'm convinced I will never get is Let It Be as that one is so expensive and I can't justify it.

I collected most of the MOFI Sinatras this way as well. The latter releases are so much better than the MOFI set.

I collected most of the Beatles MOFIs here and there through Ebay. I did it with a mix of buying individual records that were broken up from the larger MOFI set and buying the individual releases which are so much cooler since you get the album art. The one I'm convinced I will never get is Let It Be.

I collected most of the MOFI Sinatras this way as well. The latter releases are so much better than the MOFI set.
You never know, sometimes opportunities come along when you least expect them..............problem is having the funds to pull the trigger when that opportunity pops up ;)

You never know, sometimes opportunities come along when you least expect them..............problem is having the funds to pull the trigger when that opportunity pops up ;)

I have Let It Be. I paid a lot for it (thankfully financed by VMP shit sales) but it was a must get as one of the 3 outside the mono releases.

Wait, there are 8 before Pepper?

Magical Mystery Tour
Revolver
Rubber Soul
Help
A Hard Days Nigh
Beatles for Sale
With the Beatles
Please Please Me

Magical Mystery Tour was released after Pepper’s!

Let it be ...naked....that’s what he is missing 😂

You big meanie over there being mean!

Back