That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

I noticed a lot of the Futurismo label releases are increasing in value. Has the label gone under?

While this has never been common, only 220 copies, I thought it was worth noting because how astronomical the prices are.

Billie Eilish - Live at Third Mad Records
Starting today at just over $2000!
1626698656957.png

PS - where do you find those value charts in discogs?

While this has never been common, only 220 copies, I thought it was worth noting because how astronomical the prices are.

Billie Eilish - Live at Third Mad Records
Starting today at just over $2000!
View attachment 106060

PS - where do you find those value charts in discogs?
Crazy, especially when you look at the fact that there is a RSD variant with 17,000(!) copies.

I mean, we’re all collectors here. I 100% understand the appeal in owning a more limited variant. But at what point does the return on investment stop making sense? The RSD variant is current going for around $60 or so.

Crazy, especially when you look at the fact that there is a RSD variant with 17,000(!) copies.

I mean, we’re all collectors here. I 100% understand the appeal in owning a more limited variant. But at what point does the return on investment stop making sense? The RSD variant is current going for around $60 or so.

The pricy one have covers painted by Eilish.

Let the speculation begin...Rest In Power Biz.
Hoping for a repress some day! Maybe for a RSD or something.

Randomly, I purchased his debut album a few days before the news of his "first" passing (the fakeout). Guess I got lucky there.

RIP, Biz.

Boom Boom cut RHCP starting to inch up there in price. This one snuck up on me. The way vinyl has skyrocketed in price the last year I might have to rethink my homeowners insurance policy. :oops:

Red Hot Chili Peppers ‎– Stadium Arcadium

View attachment 106667

View attachment 106666

This one has been a bit odd. There are different "versions" out there, it seems to get a repress every few years that is identical to the first release.

One release then had a slightly smaller box, and then represses of those were released.

Prices are what they are, but I wouldn't trust what you'd get.

I have this 2006 listed in my collection, but it could be the 2012 RSD version for all I know, as I added it to my Discogs collection in 2013.

I'll occasionally go through my stuff on a max sale to see if anything hits this. Here's some interesting trends

(five sales this year, $13, $75, $88, $70, $146, with lowest currently on Discogs at $167)

(This one is mostly weird because I tracked it for a good year and it was always in that 45-50 range, I figured that'd be where it sat forever. Suddenly it's now popping 90+ frequently)

This one could fall into the "people are kinda gross" category, this spike happened after the sexual assault charges -with that said some retailed seem to still be getting copies but I'm pretty sure this was $15 album even before his criminal conduct

Marina stuff when it temporarily goes out of stock. As an aside, she's indicating Froot will probably be repressed and that's at stupid prices right now so may be the time to sell unless you're super attached.

Available at retail as of three months ago

Just noticed this pressing jumping up a bit in my collection value...over the last couple years. It seems all the recent pressings of this album has made this specific cut/pressing more valuable.

It's the 2014 Analogue Productions release. Cut by The Man™

The 2006 45 RPM probably sounds good, but this 33 1 LP version is just fine, too.

All the stooges stuff is always expensive which never made any sense to me. They've been around forever and there's a zillion pressings. It's like pink floyd.

Yeah.

I think it has more to do with the condition than anything. I have yet to see any original Stooges in the bins that isn't a bit thrashed.

I don't really know why these reissues keep going up in price, it seemed that Rhino was releasing the S/T, Fun House or Raw Power every other year for a while there.

Back