Television

No spin-offs for Ted Lasso. I think it would lessen the greatness of the show. I’d be ok with a one off episode that took place a year or so later, but even then, that would be pushing it.
I can’t remember the last show that made me so incredibly sad that it was over.
Def would rather have a spin-off than a show called Ted Lasso without Ted Lasso; it’s purely semantics, I know.

Seriously, and I don't say this lightly, fuck you HBO/Max/Discovery.

I saw this. It’s a bummer. The cast and the production were both top notch but season 2 really didn’t receive much of a push from the network.

All I want is a fantastic HBO period piece that allows Shea Whigham to chew scenery. Is that too much to ask? Maybe they can find a spot for him over on The Gilded Age?

Last edited:
I saw this. It’s a bummer. The cast and the production where both top notch but season 2 really didn’t receive much of a push from the network.

All I want is a fantastic HBO period piece that allows Shea Whigham to chew scenery. Is that too much to ask? Maybe they can find a spot for him over on The Gilded Age?
Just gotta rewatch Boardwalk Empire

I really should. It’s been a minute since that went off the air and while I don’t feel it necessarily lived up to it’s full potential, it was still a very good. Show.
Definitely a slow burn, which is how I would describe the prohibition era. Lotta tip toeing around and money exchanged in secrecy

Also bummed about Perry Mason. It oozed atmosphere, but was probably too slow for most peeps.

I'm sure HBO will give The Idol a three season renewal though. 🙄

Late last year I caught a Shameless marathon on Showtime and ended up watching the last two and a half seasons. I've finally started from the beginning and it's so trashy and fantastic.

And I just saw Chris Licht is out at CNN after a year. 😂 Delightful. Who would've thought pandering to the MAGA crowd, who weren't going to watch anyway while alienating everyone else, would fail so spectacularly.

So I watched The Idol premiere. It wasn't nearly as shocking as I was led to believe. But it did feel pretty sleazy. In some ways I could see a funny show inside of it, but once it veers away from PR stuff to the relationship with the Weeknd it gets pretty boring. I'm interested in the music industry, from any angle, but I'm not sure this will be that. We'll see I guess. The issues I have with Euphoria creep into bits of this show, but not nearly as bad. But what makes Euphoria interesting is Zendaya's performance - as well as the stylized cinematography. Both those things are missing here.

So I watched The Idol premiere. It wasn't nearly as shocking as I was led to believe. But it did feel pretty sleazy. In some ways I could see a funny show inside of it, but once it veers away from PR stuff to the relationship with the Weeknd it gets pretty boring. I'm interested in the music industry, from any angle, but I'm not sure this will be that. We'll see I guess. The issues I have with Euphoria creep into bits of this show, but not nearly as bad. But what makes Euphoria interesting is Zendaya's performance - as well as the stylized cinematography. Both those things are missing here.
Yeah people are now realizing that Sam Levinson is a nepo baby that benefitted from being present for the blossoming of the biggest star turn of the 21st century (so far). I've no interest in checking out The Idol really, have much better shows to check up on.

Back