Television

There are also some great side characters as it goes on, like Sandra and Marcus
yes! Marcus, Sandra, Carol, Justine, Brett, Myrtle, that creepy guy that you see sometimes. I like how with such a big workplace you would actually see these people from time to time but not every episode. It would be unrealistic if they had the core cast and only ever showed antics of the core cast and not these ancillary employees.

yes! Marcus, Sandra, Carol, Justine, Brett, Myrtle, that creepy guy that you see sometimes. I like how with such a big workplace you would actually see these people from time to time but not every episode. It would be unrealistic if they had the core cast and only ever showed antics of the core cast and not these ancillary employees.

After Superstore ended they shot a spin-off for Cheyenne and Bo but it wasn't picked up

Just finished watching Broad City. It was a sweet, well-developed show overall. I enjoyed it.

Side note, I tried to watch Ilana Glazer's stand up special (I think it was Netflix and don't know if there are others) and I remember that being kind of horrible.

But Broad City was nice.
I saw Ilana perform standup way back in Feb 2020 and it was just okay. I don't think she'd have gotten far in standup alone without Broad City behind her. I think she works better as part of a duo.

Just finished a rewatch through S5 of Better Call Saul. (S6 isn't on Netflix yet so we'll take a break)
First off, each season definitely got better and season 5 was just amazing. And while I already noticed how good Rhea Seehorn was the first time around, I am just amazed with her performance. She does so much without dialog. With her little smiles, warm eyes, cold stares, unflappable and stoic moments, all just so great. With her character going though so much, she has a chance to explore a wide range of emotions and does it nearly flawlessly.

And Tony Dalton is perfect as Lalo. Even when acting 'friendly' ("Hey guys, what's up?") he's so menacing.

Just finished a rewatch through S5 of Better Call Saul. (S6 isn't on Netflix yet so we'll take a break)
First off, each season definitely got better and season 5 was just amazing. And while I already noticed how good Rhea Seehorn was the first time around, I am just amazed with her performance. She does so much without dialog. With her little smiles, warm eyes, cold stares, unflappable and stoic moments, all just so great. With her character going though so much, she has a chance to explore a wide range of emotions and does it nearly flawlessly.

And Tony Dalton is perfect as Lalo. Even when acting 'friendly' ("Hey guys, what's up?") he's so menacing.
I'm pretty sure if I saw Tony Dalton in real life I'd be terrified. That's when you know you're doing something right.

Rhea Seehorn never winning an Emmy is the new Steve Carell never winning an Emmy

Welcome to Trough TV
I regularly listen to The Watch podcast and they’ve discussed this point frequently.

This sadly also helps justify the ample external hard drives that collected of music, movies, and TV shows. Streaming is much easier and way more convenient but it’s probably not forever either.

Back