Television

Is anyone else watching Platonic on Apple TV? I watched the first two episodes today and I'm really enjoying it! Apple TV is low key killing it lately (Drops of God, Shrinking, High Desert, and of course Ted Lasso!)
I just watched the first three eps. It's solidly good. Apple is definitely carving out a nice space for shows like this, with Shrinking and Ted Lasso. This isn't quite the same, but it hits a similar vibe. It's a nice chill comedy with likable people. And I thought I was over Seth Rogen but he totally works with Rose Byrne in this.

I hung in there with Marvelous Ms. Maisel. I think it really became a show that tested audience patience. I thought last season was the weakest and COVID really killed the momentum of the show in general. However, this current and final season I thought was really good. The evolution of Midge and Susie was well done and Alex Borstein really hit a stride. I enjoyed the time-jumping that gave little glimpses into the progressions of Midge's career, family, and friendships. I thought the final episode and especially the last movement from resolution of the 1960's arc to a flash forward were sentimental but totally in service of the tone of the show. The final "tits up!" hit.

The kids have to royally screw themselves and the company ends up being controlled by an unremarkable hodge podge of secondary characters. It was all for nothing and they’re never going to get their chance to fight their dad alive or outdo his legacy in death. Only character I can see getting some kind of redemption or nice slice of an ending is Shiv, who I think is treated as less than by her brothers and seemingly despised inordinately by viewers. We shall see!

The kids have to royally screw themselves and the company ends up being controlled by an unremarkable hodge podge of secondary characters. It was all for nothing and they’re never going to get their chance to fight their dad alive or outdo his legacy in death. Only character I can see getting some kind of redemption or nice slice of an ending is Shiv, who I think is treated as less than by her brothers and seemingly despised inordinately by viewers. We shall see!
I like the theory that Mattson screws over Shiv and makes Greg the US CEO, who just happens to have all the dirt on him send blocks of frozen blood, thus forcing Mattson to resign and The Egg gets its all!!![/ISPOILER]

Succession ended as good as it ever was. Quite a good rollercoaster of an episode.

I felt fooled into thinking Kendall might actually get it, but nope. Shiv’s ultimate choice is awful for her. But for Kendall I just love how it ends with the bodyguard just feet behind him as he sadly walks in a park, in a daze. It’s a great, kind of sad ending for a horrible person / people.

Succession ended as good as it ever was. Quite a good rollercoaster of an episode.

I felt fooled into thinking Kendall might actually get it, but nope. Shiv’s ultimate choice is awful for her. But for Kendall I just love how it ends with the bodyguard just feet behind him as he sadly walks in a park, in a daze. It’s a great, kind of sad ending for a horrible person / people.
I feel like it worked out best for Rome. Maybe he understood the stakes were too high for him and that's why "it wasn't him" and that's where we get the smile from when he drank his martini.

Back