Television

Just finished binge watching the first 2 seasons of The Mandalorian and all is well with the force ✨🙏😊
Just started watching this tonight.

Really glad I bought my sister a Disney plus subscription for Christmas for her Christmas present for her to use because I just had a feeling that she wanted it and I got it for her because I care so much about what she wants. And I’m such a good brother that, out of the goodness of the spirit if the season of giving, I helped her create a password for her account to set it up on her smart tv (and maybe also on my phone in case she needs me to fix something on her account at some point).

I’m pretty sure she’ll find something on there that she enjoys - she’s got to, right?

Started getting into some British shows. Taskmaster rules. I have heard about it off and on for a while but I finally started it (from the newest season) and I am loving it. Also big fan of QI now. Watching the newest season of that one too. Both are really nice distractions but also just genuinely fun shows.
We spent last summer watching an episode of Taskmaster every evening to wind down. Such low stakes and good humor was the warm blanket we needed at the time. Need to catch up.
That's too bad as it's the GOAT.
Has there ever been a bigger falloff than going from Deadwood to John From Cincinnati?

We spent last summer watching an episode of Taskmaster every evening to wind down. Such low stakes and good humor was the warm blanket we needed at the time. Need to catch up.

Has there ever been a bigger falloff than going from Deadwood to John From Cincinnati?
Luck was pretty good though (strictly from a show standpoint, not from a bunch of dead horses standpoint).

*glances over at his John from Cincinnati DVD set*

So, I've seen ads now for American Gods season 3. Never bothered with the second season. Was it worth it? I loved the book, thought season one was decent enough. Never heard much about season 2 except that I think the reception was...bad? I can't remember

Last edited:
I'm surprised I don't see more about The Expanse posted here. I think it's the best thing on television right now and maybe the best sci-fi show of all time.
I love the expanse and it's definitely one of my top 10 favorites of tv shows, but I have yet to get to the new episodes. I think this is the one thing I have trouble with streaming vs. broadcast. When things broadcast, you make a little time every week for it, but when episodes are available to stream, I feel like I end up having to spend a bigger chunk of time because I inevitably can't help myself and have to start the next one. I know this is just a me problem, but yes, I love the expanse and will get around to it once I get a little time cleared.

I love the expanse and it's definitely one of my top 10 favorites of tv shows, but I have yet to get to the new episodes. I think this is the one thing I have trouble with streaming vs. broadcast. When things broadcast, you make a little time every week for it, but when episodes are available to stream, I feel like I end up having to spend a bigger chunk of time because I inevitably can't help myself and have to start the next one. I know this is just a me problem, but yes, I love the expanse and will get around to it once I get a little time cleared.
I agree. I'm not crazy about shows dropping all at once, especially shows that are more dramatic/epic. I loved Game of Thrones for the weekly event and being able to sit with an episode for a week and anticipate the next one. It's one thing I appreciate about Disney+ for the Mandalorian. The Expanse dropped the first three episodes together, then its been one a week. (Pro tip: It says they come out every Wednesday, but it seems like they hit Amazon Prime at 7PM every Tuesday).

Back