Television

The Mandalorian proves that television is best medium for telling stories.

the last Star Wars movie was very intense and non-stop action. Almost to a fault.

Television allows a beat. It gives scene setting and tension. Pacing. Something that movies lack. Give the last Star Wars movie a 10 episode season on Disney+ and it would be so much better.
It was really good TV plus Tymothy Olyphant makes everything better.

Truth Seekers on Amazon Prime is pretty good...I binged all episodes last night.

Not exactly on par of the usual things with Edgar Wright, but Nick Frost and Simon Pegg still do a good job.

We watched the first episode last night and it was... alright. Willing to give it more time though. I'm a big fan of Julian Barrett, from The Mighty Boosh, and it looks like he doesn't come into it until about halfway through.

Recommend Ted Lasso to anyone looking to sooth their nerves. Finished the whole thing in less than a week. It's wonderfully wholesome.

I've watched the first three episodes, and will probably finish it at some point, but I will say that I don't really find it funny. I don't honestly think I've laughed at all.

I've watched the first three episodes, and will probably finish it at some point, but I will say that I don't really find it funny. I don't honestly think I've laughed at all.
To each their own I suppose, but there were more than a few moments in each episode I found ha ha funny. Moreso, it's a feel-good, bring-a-smile-to-your-face comedy that balances some decent drama in there too.

To each their own I suppose, but there were more than a few moments in each episode I found ha ha funny. Moreso, it's a feel-good, bring-a-smile-to-your-face comedy that balances some decent drama in there too.

I'm not sure why I can't get into it. My wife watched the first two with me and she's no longer interested, so I watched another one yesterday. There are things I like about it but yeah, I don't think I've laughed much at all.

Truth Seekers on Amazon Prime is pretty good...I binged all episodes last night.

Not exactly on par of the usual things with Edgar Wright, but Nick Frost and Simon Pegg still do a good job.
Edgar Wright's not involved at all with this one, right? My wife and I watched the first four episodes and are really enjoying it. We both really like the ghost story/haunting type movies, so this strikes a big chord in that way. @Bohnjaggs Julian Barrett's character is great, and not what I expected at all from him!

Edgar Wright's not involved at all with this one, right? My wife and I watched the first four episodes and are really enjoying it. We both really like the ghost story/haunting type movies, so this strikes a big chord in that way. @Bohnjaggs Julian Barrett's character is great, and not what I expected at all from him!

Nope. Which is why it's not quite on par with other Pegg/Frost movies. But I still found it a good watch.

Recommend Ted Lasso to anyone looking to sooth their nerves. Finished the whole thing in less than a week. It's wonderfully wholesome.
I absolutely adored Ted Lasso. Wholesome is the perfect word for it, and Jason Sudeikis has never been better. It might not be laugh out loud funny but the humor is subtle and sublime.

Easy to watch comedies need some recommendations.

AP Bio or Superstore? or another one I wouldn’t know about?
Cheers, it’s my favorite all time. I remember watching as a kid but man is it great as adult. We watched all the way through a few years ago and it has been in heavy rotation since. We’ve probably watched it all the way through 4 or 5 times now. Also, I might just sound like an aged Millennial but I don’t feel enough people of my generation or younger give it enough of a chance.

The another one is Happy Endings. It’s a great hang out show with a funny cast. One last recommendation would be Party Down another great cast.

Cheers, it’s my favorite all time. I remember watching as a kid but man is it great as adult. We watched all the way through a few years ago and it has been in heavy rotation since. We’ve probably watched it all the way through 4 or 5 times now. Also, I might just sound like an aged Millennial but I don’t feel enough people of my generation or younger give it enough of a chance.

The another one is Happy Endings. It’s a great hang out show with a funny cast. One last recommendation would be Party Down another great cast.
Never watched Cheers, that one doesn’t feel dated at all?

also I watched Happy Endings and Party Down when they aired 🤓 (even own the DVDs), great shows

Never watched Cheers, that one doesn’t feel dated at all?

also I watched Happy Endings and Party Down when they aired 🤓 (even own the DVDs), great shows

Cheers surprisingly isn't too dated at all. It's probably my all-time favorite sitcom. My wife and I just watched all of it recently, then moved on to Frasier.

Superstore and AP Bio are both great. Superstore is a good one if you're a fan of workplace comedies like The Office.

Easy to watch comedies need some recommendations.

AP Bio or Superstore? or another one I wouldn’t know about?
I never finished AP Bio but it was nice.

never seen Superstore.

We finished all of Frasier recently and although aspects are dated, it’s a pretty great classic style sitcom that can actually be funny.

Back