Television

Thank you for this. I agree - S2 was great.

I am now going to seriously consider not finishing this. Which will really test the completionist in me.

I didn’t finish this show. I quit early season 2? It’s just not for me. Good for them tackling mental health but it wasn’t enough for me.

Finished S2 and watched S3E1 of Mr Robot yesterday. I found S2 to drag a bit and was starting to lose interest, which I think is why I stopped watching it on my first go-round. But wow, I loved how S3 started and am excited to see where Esmail takes this.

Waaaay behind on this, but I'm finally getting around to watching Better Call Saul. Finished Season 1 yesterday, and I'm loving it so far. Bob Odenkirk is a favorite of mine. Glad he got a chance to really shine here.
Season 1 IMO is the worst season too (still great though). It gets better as it moves forward.

Waaaay behind on this, but I'm finally getting around to watching Better Call Saul. Finished Season 1 yesterday, and I'm loving it so far. Bob Odenkirk is a favorite of mine. Glad he got a chance to really shine here.
Oh it's so good and he's so good in it, and yes it keeps getting better. Also Jimmy and Kim's dynamic is one of my favorite relationships I've seen on TV in a long time.

Oh it's so good and he's so good in it, and yes it keeps getting better. Also Jimmy and Kim's dynamic is one of my favorite relationships I've seen on TV in a long time.
Also, more Michael McKean and Jonathan Banks acting the hell out of their respective roles. Can’t wait for the new season to start.

I think this is good. Let it be what it is. In hindsight, Westworld would have been great as just one season, as well. Sometimes, it's good to let there be questions and allusions of future events that we can imagine and debate without seeing.

I think WestWorld can still be a satisfying story, I'm really intrigued with the s3 trailer and I liked the upside down logic of s2.

I think WestWorld can still be a satisfying story, I'm really intrigued with the s3 trailer and I liked the upside down logic of s2.
If I recall, when the show started the creators stated had a *5 season arc already worked out for the series and as long as everyone is heading to a known endpoint I think WW should finish off solid.

EDIT: looked it up and it appears they have a 5 season arc planned.

Last edited:
I really liked WW season 1 and think the puzzle box reveal at the end was worth the obtuseness. Season 2 was a huge let down for me. At the time that season 2 was airing, I was frequently crossing paths with one of the main actors and they expressed a similar confusion and frustration over the direction that season 2 went in the final half of episodes. I'm not sure if that was just their own unpopular opinion or if it was a general sentiment amongst the cast and crew that things lost their way a little bit. Now that I'm typing it, did HBO or any show runners talk about the season after it aired and address its reception?

All that said, I'll try season 3 and see if moving to the outside world and bringing in new characters is an opportunity for a fresh slate and a re-focusing of things. It could be a cool way to soft-reboot the show while keeping all the main folks' stories going.

I really liked WW season 1 and think the puzzle box reveal at the end was worth the obtuseness. Season 2 was a huge let down for me. At the time that season 2 was airing, I was frequently crossing paths with one of the main actors and they expressed a similar confusion and frustration over the direction that season 2 went in the final half of episodes. I'm not sure if that was just their own unpopular opinion or if it was a general sentiment amongst the cast and crew that things lost their way a little bit. Now that I'm typing it, did HBO or any show runners talk about the season after it aired and address its reception?

All that said, I'll try season 3 and see if moving to the outside world and bringing in new characters is an opportunity for a fresh slate and a re-focusing of things. It could be a cool way to soft-reboot the show while keeping all the main folks' stories going.

Lisa Joy or whatever the co-creator (not Nolan) said that they purposefully made S2 the way they did because Reddit figured out the surprise of S1 during the first episode. When you purposefully write something like that just to fuck with one segment of your audience, you've already failed. Instead of writing a good story, they wrote a convoluted story and that's what we got.

I thought the backend of the season two of WW came together alright and some of the one off episodes were amazing (the Samurai World ep and the Ghost Nation ep in particular) and once everything was all said and done they basically gave themselves a clean slate for season 3 which will hopefully clean up the overarching plot a bit.

I thought the backend of the season two of WW came together alright and some of the one off episodes were amazing (the Samurai World ep and the Ghost Nation ep in particular) and once everything was all said and done they basically gave themselves a clean slate for season 3 which will hopefully clean up the overarching plot a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed season 2 but I could also see the huge problems they made/had in it. I also enjoyed both those episodes but saw them more as window dressing than actually feeding into the overall story but maybe my memory/recollection of them is off.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed season 2 but I could also see the huge problems they made/had in it. I also enjoyed both those episodes but saw them more as window dressing than actually feeding into the overall story but maybe my memory/recollection of them is off.
You are right on all accounts. Those episodes were definitely breaks from progressing the overall plot but I am completely fine with that when they make for great tv unto themselves. I remember laughing giddily when the Wu-Tang cover started playing and you just knew shit was about to go down in the Samurai ep and the Ghost Nation ep was an amazing love story. I think it only highlights your point more that those are the most memorable eps IMO though, rather than the main storyline which was overlong and a bit convoluted.

You are right on all accounts. Those episodes were definitely breaks from progressing the overall plot but I am completely fine with that when they make for great tv unto themselves. I remember laughing giddily when the Wu-Tang cover started playing and you just knew shit was about to go down in the Samurai ep and the Ghost Nation ep was an amazing love story. I think it only highlights your point more that those are the most memorable eps IMO though, rather than the main storyline which was overlong and a bit convoluted.

All of the covers (or at least most of them) have been so fucking good. Not sure if that should be credited to the Ramin Djawadi or their music supervisor. The Motion Picture Soundtrack cover from season 1 may be one of my favorite television moments of all time.

Back