Television

I will watch episode 3 tonight. Does it get scary? Cause I can't handle scary.

And

Does Jason Bateman appear in episode 3? I was quite surprised he was killed off in episode 1.
It’s very suspenseful, not sure I’d say scary but YMMV. As for your spoiler, I don’t want to answer that! 😀

Finished season 2 last night and I have to say I'm impressed they kept the quality and didn't turn the show into something like The OC. Unless it's less realistic that season 1 (wait til you se the Romeo and Juliet they make -which school has that budget for a play!?), it has some very nice moments. some secondary characters, like Adam's mom, become more important.
And Gillian Anderson in a jumpsuit is EVERYTHING.
I am also enjoying it as much as last season so far.

I've only made it as far as rehearsals for R&J but the notion that a super smart tutor for other subjects can just quickly tutor someone to be good at acting definitely got an eyeroll from me!

Anyone watching The Outsider on HBO? I haven't read the book so I have zero expectation. So far, it's interesting. I was a bit shocked by the end of episode 1. And from the preview of episode 3, it looks like the story takes a left turn.

Haven't started it yet but looking forward to it. I read the book and it definitely takes a left turn!

Highly recommend the Mr Mercedes show too which just wrapped up after three seasons and was also based on Stephen King novels. Some of the characters cross over from those earlier books into The Outsider and the show is equally liberal with its genre definition between pure hard boiled detective and supernatural. And Brendan Gleeson is fantastic in it.

Haven't started it yet but looking forward to it. I read the book and it definitely takes a left turn!

Highly recommend the Mr Mercedes show too which just wrapped up after three seasons and was also based on Stephen King novels. Some of the characters cross over from those earlier books into The Outsider and the show is equally liberal with its genre definition between pure hard boiled detective and supernatural. And Brendan Gleeson is fantastic in it.
King scares the bejeezus out of me so I don't read a lot of him. Which is a compliment actually - that he writes so well that he can get under my skin and scare me with just written word. I did read the first chapter or so of Mr. Mercedes and found it very compelling. But got scared that it would scare me so I stopped. Which is also how I'm approaching the show The Outsider. I'm fully aware that I may abandon it at the first moment of scariness on the teeeee scary scale. But so far, it's just eery and tense, not scary.

You nailed it. I don't mind the musical numbers because it relieves my anxiety in that moment. But yeah, she's really just not likeable. And it makes me uncomfortable with myself over that opinion because am I not liking her because of her illness (I sure hope not) or because she's just not a likeable character? Lol

She attempts to commit suicide at the end of S2, so thus far, S3 is about that and also possibly committing her. It just isn't fun and the show is supposed to be comedic. Kudos to a show for not shying away from such topics. But something about it is just not sitting right with me.

Looping this back to CEG for a second. I agree with your take completely. I felt guilty for not liking her character, but in reality I think it's less that she does shitty things because she's battling mental illness and more that she's just a shitty person who also happens to be battling mental illness.

But yeah, I guess their budget got consistently cut season after season, which is why the quality dropped. It was especially noticeable during the musical numbers, which is unfortunate because that's basically the whole reason I watched towards the end.

My wife and I still sing "HAVING A FEW PEOPLE OVER" and dance around our house on the regular.

Found out I was entitled to a free year of Apple TV because I bought a Series 3 discounted watch at the Apple store recently. Glad I did. "Little America" is a fantastic, charming, thought provoking series. I'm through 5 of the 8 episodes and i'm savoring them.

I've been catching up with some shows I missed during the last year and I really enjoyed 2 shows I don't think I've seen mentioned here:
Back To Life and Mr. Inbetween. Back To Life is especially amazing and I highly recommend it.

I've also just started Everything's Gonna Be Okay, I'm so glad to have a new show from Josh Thomas!
@Teeeee @TenderLovingKiller® If I remember correctly you were fans of Please Like Me, have you been watching this?

I've been catching up with some shows I missed during the last year and I really enjoyed 2 shows I don't think I've seen mentioned here:
Back To Life and Mr. Inbetween. Back To Life is especially amazing and I highly recommend it.

I've also just started Everything's Gonna Be Okay, I'm so glad to have a new show from Josh Thomas!
@Teeeee @TenderLovingKiller® If I remember correctly you were fans of Please Like Me, have you been watching this?
Nope, it wasn’t me but I will add em to my list.

Yes! It was def me. I LOVED Please Like Me. And i am also really happy to have Josh back. I'm not up on Everything's gonna be ok and think it is incredibly charming, heart warming and funny.

Oh my. I watched all of the Fleabag episodes today. Truly remarkable. It’s hard for me to watch something now because I feel so heavy and emotional and wowww.

I have no idea what to watch now.

It's as close to perfect as a show gets IMO. So much is said about how funny it is and rightfully so, it is genuinely hilarious at times. Not nearly enough is said about how great the dramatic scenes are and how emotional these characters and scenarios are. To call it a day after just 6 hours viewing time kills me but is perfect too.

It's as close to perfect as a show gets IMO. So much is said about how funny it is and rightfully so, it is genuinely hilarious at times. Not nearly enough is said about how great the dramatic scenes are and how emotional these characters and scenarios are. To call it a day after just 6 hours viewing time kills me but is perfect too.
So emotional! My heart truly got heavy at times.

also, I’m gonna have to quit Riverdale. I cannot anymore. IT IS AWFUL. I’ll catch up when it hits netflix.

Back