Television

I am not sure I will watch Don't F with Cats...my wife doesn't want to at all, and I'm not sure late night alone will be the right way for me to check it out.

What they show is people watching the video. Somehow, that disturbed me a lot. It was actually more uncomfortable than the video itself, and I'm not sure why.

^This reminds me of Grizzly Man, where they show the director (Warner Herzog) listening with headphones to the audio of what happened to Timothy and his wife. That really creeped me out, and I'm so glad they didn't include the audio in the movie. Herzog said something like 'Never listen to this, destroy it.'

We got back to Mr Robot after a long break after watching S1. I'm kind of lost and may need to re-watch S1. But in the meantime I have a question....

We are through S2 E4 at this point. My question is: There are scenes with Ray (Craig Robinson) at the basketball court talking to Elliot; did that also happen in S1? I did a quick search (while trying not to read about anything I haven't seen) and saw that Robinson joined the cast in S2. But that scene with Elliot ignoring him and saying he doesn't want to be friends was definitely a scene I was familiar with, I swear I saw it before.

We got back to Mr Robot after a long break after watching S1. I'm kind of lost and may need to re-watch S1. But in the meantime I have a question....

We are through S2 E4 at this point. My question is: There are scenes with Ray (Craig Robinson) at the basketball court talking to Elliot; did that also happen in S1? I did a quick search (while trying not to read about anything I haven't seen) and saw that Robinson joined the cast in S2. But that scene with Elliot ignoring him and saying he doesn't want to be friends was definitely a scene I was familiar with, I swear I saw it before.
He’s only in S2. So maybe you’ve seen some of S2?

I'd almost recommend re-watching S1. After finishing this whole series, I feel like it truly is a sum of all its parts. So many call backs and references to things that I long expunged from my memory in thinking that they were only there to serve the building of a character instead of story arc.

I'd almost recommend re-watching S1. After finishing this whole series, I feel like it truly is a sum of all its parts. So many call backs and references to things that I long expunged from my memory in thinking that they were only there to serve the building of a character instead of story arc.

I think I might have to. But I'm so excited to get to the end, based on everyone's posts about a few of the episodes in the last two seasons.

Someone convince me on the Witcher, I watched the first episode but was bored by it. Felt like it wanted to be Game of Thrones too much. Does it get better?

Someone convince me on the Witcher, I watched the first episode but was bored by it. Felt like it wanted to be Game of Thrones too much. Does it get better?

I think it does get better. Try episode 2. If you don't like that one you probably won't love the rest. That one injects a little humor and introduces the best character which makes up for the boorish pilot. The pilot was also the only episode that made me overtly think of GoT epsecially when

The queen's suicide blocking mirrored Tommen's so closely.

If you're still confused at episode 2, but like it, it's worth pushing on. Once all the disparate thread connect midseason it actually becomes a pretty simple story with clearer morals and heroes, which I think is a major relief after the non-story and antiheroes of GoT. The show still has some boring patches and can be a bit of an uneven ride but I think it's heading in the right direction.

So there's a pretty trashy new reality show on Netflix called The Circle. Yes, I know it's the American version of the UK series, but I haven't seen the original. Anyway...it's a handful of people living in apartments in the same building. But they never see each other and only communicate online via their profiles. Sounds dumb? Yeah it kinda is. Boring? Surprisingly not. I'm already super into it. It's the right kind of dumb tv that I like.

I think it gets better after episode 2 but my husband wasn't willing to stick with it so I will be watching this one by myself. I like it, but it reminds me a lot of a really old school fantasy novel--cheese and all. If you can't stand stereotypical fantasy tropes, you are going to hate this series.
Vienna Blood is very good for anyone who likes a Holmes and Watson style period detective show
Where can I watch this one?

I think it gets better after episode 2 but my husband wasn't willing to stick with it so I will be watching this one by myself. I like it, but it reminds me a lot of a really old school fantasy novel--cheese and all. If you can't stand stereotypical fantasy tropes, you are going to hate this series.

Where can I watch this one?

Was on the bbc just before Xmas ... don’t know if you can get the iplayer ...

TheWitcher is not the best fantasy story of all time, but it’s fun, the fighting is believable while impressive, it’s fun (Jaskier is absolutely amazing) and most of all, the casting is so diverse and it’s honestly refreshing. Fantasy is not just white dudes (even if the lead is the whitest dude there is, I know).

Succession has officially lost the interest of my wife, so I'll be continuing alone. That being said, I'm reaching the point where another "wow, look! Terrible, rich white people" show just does nothing for me, so not sure if I'll last either.

Speaking of terrible, rich white people, my wife is finally watching Mad Men.

Speaking again of terrible (not as rich) white people, I'm also watching The League to bond with my little brother. All of my frat bro culture nightmares wrapped up in a show about fantasy football.

Succession has officially lost the interest of my wife, so I'll be continuing alone. That being said, I'm reaching the point where another "wow, look! Terrible, rich white people" show just does nothing for me, so not sure if I'll last either.

Where are you in Succession? I stopped around mid-season 1 for pretty much the same reason. I got back to it weeks later, and I found the second half of S1 and all of S2 to be really close to exceptional.

Yay Mad Men! I finished a re-watch a couple months ago and quite possibly loved it even more the second time through.

Where are you in Succession? I stopped around mid-season 1 for pretty much the same reason. I got back to it weeks later, and I found the second half of S1 and all of S2 to be really close to exceptional.

Yay Mad Men! I finished a re-watch a couple months ago and quite possibly loved it even more the second time through.

Yeah, I'm mid-S1 as well. I'll keep trucking on.

Same re: Mad Men - This is my first re-watch and I'm already picking up on things I missed the first go round. Easily top 3 show ever for me. I'm surprised I haven't re-watched it earlier.

Speaking again of terrible (not as rich) white people, I'm also watching The League to bond with my little brother. All of my frat bro culture nightmares wrapped up in a show about fantasy football.
Yeah, I'm mid-S1 as well. I'll keep trucking on.

Same re: Mad Men - This is my first re-watch and I'm already picking up on things I missed the first go round. Easily top 3 show ever for me. I'm surprised I haven't re-watched it earlier.

What made her lose interest?

I would agree with my pal, @ranbalam . Each season builds to the last episode. "Yeah, duh, teeeee, all shows do that." Well, sure, I agree with you. But the build in Sucession feels way more on the DL. And you really don't recognize the build up until the actual last episode of the season and how the writers pulled one over on you. I would say give it until the end of S1. And if you feel the same, yeah, the show isn't for you. But if you don't continue through S2, you will miss 3 of the most perfectly written and acted episodes to round out a season ever.

What made her lose interest?

I would agree with my pal, @ranbalam . Each season builds to the last episode. "Yeah, duh, teeeee, all shows do that." Well, sure, I agree with you. But the build in Sucession feels way more on the DL. And you really don't recognize the build up until the actual last episode of the season and how the writers pulled one over on you. I would say give it until the end of S1. And if you feel the same, yeah, the show isn't for you. But if you don't continue through S2, you will miss 3 of the most perfectly written and acted episodes to round out a season ever.

I think she just found it boring. It takes a really special drama to get her hooked, especially one taking place in the modern, real world revolving around corporate life. She's never been interested in that before. Give her a fantasy based drama though and she's all in.

Back