Television

OH YEAH! I did watch Freaks & Geeks and forgot he was in that. You're right, he was so much better in that.

I think SOA has kinda pigeon holed him. Unless I'm mistaken, he hasn't had a huge amount of roles since then.
I would definitely agree regarding the pigeon holing. The only things that jump out to me as far as memorable roles go where Undeclared, SOA, Then a couple movies that I thought he was alright. he did a Dickensian period piece Nicholas Nickleby and more recently The Lost History of Z. I felt he was almost a poor man's Heath Ledger.

Just started Watching series 10 now.. and I realised I had hardly any recall of series 9 , kinda shows you how far it’s slipped as a must watch ...I really hope theirs an end game now the comics have stopped
Considering they are going to make a third Walking Dead show I dont see them slowing down anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Walking and Fear are AMCs two most watched shows still.

Considering they are going to make a third Walking Dead show I dont see them slowing down anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Walking and Fear are AMCs two most watched shows still.
AMC had that obviously great run of critically acclaimed and/or popular run Mad Men, Breaking Bad , & Then The Walking Dead but I think unfortunately most of their recent originals haven't been as successful (Personally I really enjoyed Better Call Saul, The first season of The Terror, and Lodge 49 but none of those show have near the cultural cache of the aforementioned shows.) Right now I think they will be riding that Walking Dead horse for as long as they can muster. I wish AMC would give Kirkman's Thief of Thieves a go as a series I think it would work well for a few seasons at least if done right.

AMC had that obviously great run of critically acclaimed and/or popular run Mad Men, Breaking Bad , & Then The Walking Dead but I think unfortunately most of their recent originals haven't been as successful (Personally I really enjoyed Better Call Saul, The first season of The Terror, and Lodge 49 but none of those show have near the cultural cache of the aforementioned shows.) Right now I think they will be riding that Walking Dead horse for as long as they can muster. I wish AMC would give Kirkman's Thief of Thieves a go as a series I think it would work well for a few seasons at least if done right.
Bring back Rubicon!

I've enjoyed a decent amount of AMC shows over the years even if they arent on the Mad Men, Breaking Bad/BCS level. Halt and Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels, Preacher, Lodge 49, The Terror, and Humans are all enjoyable shows imo.

Totally agreed that Thief of Thieves would be a good show. Kirkman's writing style is very in line with TV. I cant wait for the Invincible show coming to Prime next year.

Anyone want to convince me Succession is worth my time? I know how good the reviews have been, but after two seasons of Big Little Lies I think I'm done with rich white people behaving badly.
I mean...honestly if you can’t stand rich white people being bad, it might get on your nerves. Though I found that if you don’t get hung up on that and instead laugh at them and their awfulness, it becomes pretty enjoyable. They try to shape some characters into being marginally sympathetic, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I caught up with it in time to watch the season two finale. It’s worth a watch, but if you get halfway through the first season and don’t enjoy it, it’s not gonna be for you.

So I tried watching the Looking For Alaska show on Hulu, but it's really not clicking. I knew nothing about the book, I was only curious for a fun/bad/over the top teen drama. Also it was created by the two people behind The OC, which was a guilty pleasure of mine in high school. But whereas that show drew me in with the humor and somewhat believable characters, LFA just feels...empty and too serious but also not serious enough. It's weird.

Super get this. It is why I didn't want to watch it.

This is a dark comedy, almost satire, of rich people. It does not celebrate them or in any way try to make you feel sorry for them or like them. You hate them and kinda have fun in your hate of them. It's like a more grown up Arrested Development. The men are horrible people and pretty darn incompetent at everything.

I have also found that I am liking it more because I'm not binging it. I'm watching an episode every week. So, it isn't thrown in my face so much so that it inundates my thoughts. I can let one episode at a time sink in and then take a little bit of a break before diving into the next.

I mean...honestly if you can’t stand rich white people being bad, it might get on your nerves. Though I found that if you don’t get hung up on that and instead laugh at them and their awfulness, it becomes pretty enjoyable. They try to shape some characters into being marginally sympathetic, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I caught up with it in time to watch the season two finale. It’s worth a watch, but if you get halfway through the first season and don’t enjoy it, it’s not gonna be for you.

Thanks, team. I'll give it a try once I finish Broadchurch (which somehow I skipped the first time around despite my wife's infatuation with David Tennant). I think a big part of my resistance to Succession is the fact that our American political reality for at least the last three years could be summed up as "rich white people behaving badly." I'm finding it less and less funny by the day. But I'll try not to hold that against the show.

Thanks, team. I'll give it a try once I finish Broadchurch (which somehow I skipped the first time around despite my wife's infatuation with David Tennant). I think a big part of my resistance to Succession is the fact that our American political reality for at least the last three years could be summed up as "rich white people behaving badly." I'm finding it less and less funny by the day. But I'll try not to hold that against the show.

OMG. Broadchurch S1 is so effing good. Enjoy that!!!!!

Anyone want to convince me Succession is worth my time? I know how good the reviews have been, but after two seasons of Big Little Lies I think I'm done with rich white people behaving badly.

It's the most important show on television and more about the ways in which the 1% control institutions and politics than it is about rich people behaving badly (although they do behave badly). The dialogue is razor sharp, it might be the best ensemble acting on tv, its laugh out loud funny and manages to juggle a very difficult tone.

I should have included it on my list of shows that could wind up in my all time top 10.

I've enjoyed a decent amount of AMC shows over the years even if they arent on the Mad Men, Breaking Bad/BCS level. Halt and Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels, Preacher, Lodge 49, The Terror, and Humans are all enjoyable shows imo.

Totally agreed that Thief of Thieves would be a good show. Kirkman's writing style is very in line with TV. I cant wait for the Invincible show coming to Prime next year.
Totally forgot about Halt and Catch Fire. That was a great one too.

Back