Television

I finished S1 E8 last night...hoping to watch the last 2 episodes of the season tonight. What a wild show!

It's really fun. But dear lord, I am so glad I don't know people like this. Actually, I did know someone like Roman. That person was very not good for me or the way I wanted to live my life. So they are gone from my life. Thank goodness.

any letterkenny fans on here? also watchmen is shaping up to be amazing. i was skeptical, but seeing all the hidden metaphors, the race and current politics interwined gives me high hopes for this show. also, give me your top ten series (in no particular order) of all time. ill go first!

the wire
legion
fargo
westworld
game of thrones
black mirror
sherlock
master of none
chapelle show
band of brothers

The premiere of Watchmen fucking ruled.
yes, yes it did.
Just watched Watchmen ep 1, no idea what’s going on but very good so far
any letterkenny fans on here? also watchmen is shaping up to be amazing. i was skeptical, but seeing all the hidden metaphors, the race and current politics interwined gives me high hopes for this show. also, give me your top ten series (in no particular order) of all time. ill go first!

the wire
legion
fargo
westworld
game of thrones
black mirror
sherlock
master of none
chapelle show
band of brothers
Do I have to know anything in order to watch the Watchmen?

I haven't seen the movie or read the comics. But the series on HBO looks intriguing and I'd like to give it a shot. If I won't be completely lost.

the wire
legion
fargo
westworld
game of thrones
black mirror
sherlock
master of none
chapelle show
band of brothers

Here are my old staples that I used to cite before TV streaming exploded. I'll have to think about my "all time" list though. There is A LOT of TV to consider. Especially in the last few years.

Buffy
Parks n Rec
Friday Night Lights
Battlestar Galactica

the wire
legion
fargo
westworld
game of thrones
black mirror
sherlock
master of none
chapelle show
band of brothers
Coming to Letterkenny late, but my God I love that show. Must watch with the CC on though so I can keep up with all of the brilliant dialogue and accents🤣. I don’t know if I can do 10, but I’ll try....

LOST
The OA
Justified
TWD
Kung Fu
Handmaid’s Tale
X Files
Stranger Things
True Detective S1
The Leftovers

Last edited:

I haven't seen the movie or read the comics. But the series on HBO looks intriguing and I'd like to give it a shot. If I won't be completely lost.
Short answer: no, but it would help, i think. The comic is an important work, and i recommend it, but for the most part, you'll just be missing out on some easter eggs and some context.

read or get a copy of the original wathcmen graphic novel, its totally worth it. i thought the movie was well done - such a hard thing to fit that compendium into a few hours. that said you probably wont need it to understand the show - but it does lay a hell of a groundwork for you that would most likely lead to you geeking out by the time you get to the series...

read or get a copy of the original wathcmen graphic novel, its totally worth it. i thought the movie was well done - such a hard thing to fit that compendium into a few hours. that said you probably wont need it to understand the show - but it does lay a hell of a groundwork for you that would most likely lead to you geeking out by the time you get to the series...
I don't know if everyone already knew this but me, but I was surprised when I realized a few years back that my library had a lot of comic book TPBs, which is how I read The Watchmen, among others. Especially for the multi-volume series, it is an excellent option as they can get expensive quick.

Something to check for anyone who's interested but doesn't want to buy.

I don't know if everyone knew this but me, but I realized a few years back that my library had a lot of comic book TPBs, which is how I read The Watchmen, among others. Especially for the multi-volume series, it is an excellent option as they can get expensive quick.

Something to check for anyone who's interested but doesn't want to buy.
I would absolutely do this because I've noticed the comic books in my library also.

BUT!

My reading backlog is massive as it is. I just can't add in a comic book series. If the series piques my interest, I may revisit that stance though.

And I forgot to watch last night. Lol.

I love this thread. I can always find the next thing(s) to watch here instead of a random internet list.

My wife is having knee surgery in under two weeks (ACL repair) and she'll be close to immobile for a couple weeks, and off work for a month until she can get around without crutches. So that means we will likely have a ton of TV time, and even more for her while she's home all day stuck on the couch.

We are currently watching Ozark S2, I think we are on E5 or 6.
I think we will move on to Succession after that. And we should probably finish Battlestar Galactica at some point.
She will probably watch the recent season of Handmaid's Tale without me, and I'm ok with that...I didn't hate it, there's just a lot of other stuff I'd rather watch.
Beyond that, I think Fleabag is next.

When does Saul come back?
There's probably not another Fargo on tap yet is there?

I love this thread. I can always find the next thing(s) to watch here instead of a random internet list.

My wife is having knee surgery in under two weeks (ACL repair) and she'll be close to immobile for a couple weeks, and off work for a month until she can get around without crutches. So that means we will likely have a ton of TV time, and even more for her while she's home all day stuck on the couch.

We are currently watching Ozark S2, I think we are on E5 or 6.
I think we will move on to Succession after that. And we should probably finish Battlestar Galactica at some point.
She will probably watch the recent season of Handmaid's Tale without me, and I'm ok with that...I didn't hate it, there's just a lot of other stuff I'd rather watch.
Beyond that, I think Fleabag is next.

When does Saul come back?
There's probably not another Fargo on tap yet is there?
Those are all excellent picks. Julia Garner kicked ass in Ozark S2. Any word on S3??? Definitely give Fleabag a chance, I may actually watch it again. I get the Handmaid's Tale fatigue. It is exhausting because it is a bit too close to home. But I'm going to stick with it, in hopes that there is a big pay off in the end. Right? There has to be? June has to escape with her daughter. And has to be reunited with Luke. It just has to end on a happy note. (Let me live in my willful ignorance on this one).

Not sure about Saul. And you're right - I haven't seen anything mentioned about a new season of Fargo. No cast news, nada. BOO!!!

Those are all excellent picks. Julia Garner kicked ass in Ozark S2. Any word on S3??? Definitely give Fleabag a chance, I may actually watch it again. I get the Handmaid's Tale fatigue. It is exhausting because it is a bit too close to home. But I'm going to stick with it, in hopes that there is a big pay off in the end. Right? There has to be? June has to escape with her daughter. And has to be reunited with Luke. It just has to end on a happy note. (Let me live in my willful ignorance on this one).

Not sure about Saul. And you're right - I haven't seen anything mentioned about a new season of Fargo. No cast news, nada. BOO!!!

Not sure about an Ozark S3, but man, that is another one that wears you out. Every turn, something else. But that's also why I like it.

I read awhile back that Noah Hawley was working on an adaptation of Cat's Cradle, but I haven't seen news on that either.

As I finish my second full watch of Mad Men, it still holds true that I wish Mattew Weiner would do a new version with Peggy at the top of the game a decade+ later in an 80s timeframe. Not exactly Mad Men 2, but something (hopefully) that great with a couple of the characters from MM. His TV making style is amazing, and this second watch of MM has been a total joy.

Saul is coming back next year and so is Fargo!!

There's a good amount of info on how production of season 4 of Fargo is going.

It's set in the '50s and is about the rivalry of two crime families, one italian and one black (Chris Rock plays the patriarch). It's also going to have Jason Schwartzman, Andrew Bird, Ben Whishaw, and many others. I'm stoked as fuck.

Saul is coming back next year and so is Fargo!!

There's a good amount of info on how production of season 4 of Fargo is going.

It's set in the '50s and is about the rivalry of two crime families, one italian and one black (Chris Rock plays the patriarch). It's also going to have Jason Schwartzman, Andrew Bird, Ben Whishaw, and many others. I'm stoked as fuck.
I LOVE BEN WHISHAW!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice!

fargo season four looks dope since it takes us in the way way way back time machine. and chris rock!

also, has anyone seen catch-22 on hulu? george clooney production - only one season (obviously). was pretty damn good and faithful to the book. great acting and cinemtography throughout . i continue to be amazed the difference between the regurgitated network shows and the plain amazing shit i see on cable daily. its night and day and getting so much beter every year.

Back