Television

I finished the 3rd and final season of Hannibal last night. I have seen the first series a few times but always drifted off midway through the 2nd. I really like the 1st season but in my opinion the 2nd drops and is slightly picked up on the 3rd (but not by much).

Righteous Gemstones had a pretty satisfying ending to season 1. Judy really killed it with her hilarious lines this episode.

2 Episodes left of Ozark for the wife and I. She's about done with the show overall, but I'll admit to getting more sucked in this season as the scope has gotten bigger.

2nd episode of the season of Mr Robot was just as good as the first.

2nd episode of the season of Mr Robot was just as good as the first.
That premiere was fantastic, this one slowed it down only in comparison to that ep. Cause there’s still a lot of important moving parts in the second ep, and that ending...I genuinely didn’t see coming. But apparently this last twist has been integral to the story since the beginning so I’m super curious to see how it plays out and how it makes me watch the entire show differently (assuming it does).

Riverdale’s back! Hopefully they’re completely done with the GnG (@Gryphons and Gargoyles not @GritNGlitter) storyline from last season because that was wank. Wondered how they would deal with Luke Perry and it seemed to be ok, abstract to the whole arc but respectful.

I just finished Lodge 49's second season, and this show is a damn delight. Great characters, beautifully surreal yet grounded, hilarious, and a wonderful soundtrack. Best of all- it's a show that truly believes in the good that can come from people coming together. It's as wholesome as modern prestige tv gets, and now I'm really hoping it gets a third season.

Last edited:
Watched El Camino last night

Didn't think it was the most exciting thing in the world, but I think it was a worthwhile watch to see what ultimately happens to Jesse. There was a lot of fan service in the cameos, but it was done well enough as to not seem forced. I got chills seeing Walter and Jesse together again, in a very human scene. It was also sad seeing Robert Forster, who just recently passed away. When's Better Call Saul come back? I need more from this universe!

Succession season finale was the perfect ending to a perfect season of television. I have yet to to watch The Leftovers-- but I think Succession may be the best HBO show since the heyday of The Wire / Sopranos / Six Feet Under.

Righteous Gemstones has been a ton of fun too. Danny McBride's most nuanced and tonally ambitious work, for sure.

Finally finished off El Camino last night. As a whole, it's definitely worth a watch, but it also feels just a little unnecessary. I love the Jesse character and can easily see why Vince Gilligan would want to come back and give him a proper farewell. There's nothing inherently wrong with doing that, or with the movie at all. It just feels like an extended ending that you don't quite need to wrap up the Breaking Bad story.

Well after constantly seeing high praise for Barry on this thread I have finally gotten around to watching it. Im currently on episode 2 and its just fantastic, really dark and funny. I can see myself really getting into this, Hader just kills the role!

Well after constantly seeing high praise for Barry on this thread I have finally gotten around to watching it. Im currently on episode 2 and its just fantastic, really dark and funny. I can see myself really getting into this, Hader just kills the role!
I've been saying it for a while but my three favorite shows currently are Killing Eve, Barry, and Fleabag. Nice to see them all getting some recognition!

I enjoy Barry but think it fumbles a lot of the dramatic elements involving secondary characters and is often uneven tonally.

When it's working, it's super strong. I'm just not sure I understand the word-of-mouth hype it seems to get in comparison to shows like Atlanta or Succession which are far more ambitious and consistent in their dark comedy.

I've been saying it for a while but my three favorite shows currently are Killing Eve, Barry, and Fleabag. Nice to see them all getting some recognition!
Killing Eve is just fantastic, I love that show to bits! I also have Fleabag downloaded and ready to watch, thats next on my list. My work colleagues have been telling me to watch it for ages, they're all obsessed.

Back