Television

Killing Eve is just fantastic, I love that show to bits! I also have Fleabag downloaded and ready to watch, thats next on my list. My work colleagues have been telling me to watch it for ages, they're all obsessed.

Fleabag is excellent. I need to get around to Killing Eve. I had just finished The Americans (which I can't recomend highly enough) when it came out and didn't feel like more espionage. What's the tone of the show?

Last edited:
Fleabag is excellent. I need to get around to Killing Eve. I had just finished The Americans (which I can't recomend highly enough) when it came out and didn't feel like more espionage. What's the tone of the show?
I watched a few episodes of the Americans but never got around to finishing it. Might have to revisit.

Killing Eve is utterly brilliant. Its a British spy show at its heart, but its also packed with dark comedy. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh are brilliant in it, they have a fantastic dynamic. To give you an idea oh how well it was received, the first season had an unbroken weekly ratings growth, which is pretty damn impressive.

Killing Eve is utterly brilliant. Its a British spy show at its heart, but its also packed with dark comedy. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh are brilliant in it, they have a fantastic dynamic. To give you an idea oh how well it was received, the first season had an unbroken weekly ratings growth, which is pretty damn impressive.

where can i watch this ?

I watched a few episodes of the Americans but never got around to finishing it. Might have to revisit.

I think I've said so in this thread before, but The Americans is my second favorite TV show of all-time (after the Wire). It is an exceptionally written and acted character study within a world full of compelling, complex characters. That said, the first season is simply good. S2 is very good and then S3-6 are exceptional.

"While the spy genre is often “broadly commercial,” said FX Networks CEO John Landgraf, FX’s take on the show, which returns for its sixth and final season on March 28, was much more nuanced, focusing on the complexity of lying for a living, and how that affects a marriage and family. “It’s like a very nutritious, complex meal.”

But ratings for the first season were lukewarm, and critics at the time were positive about the series but not yet rapturous. So after Season 1 wrapped in 2013, Landgraf and his team spoke with showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields about where to take the show from there.

“We were sitting there saying, ‘What do we do? Do we make it more sexy? Do we put more action sequences into it? Do we lay back a bit on the sadness that underlies the story?’” recalled Landgraf.

Their decision: “Anything we could do that would make it broader would make it less specifically what made it great. Essentially, we couldn’t reconcile making it better, with making it broader,” said Landgraf. “So we decided instead of trying to make it broader, to actually lean harder into what made it great, even know that would probably narrow its appeal."

Last edited:
Riverdale’s back! Hopefully they’re completely done with the GnG (@Gryphons and Gargoyles not @GritNGlitter) storyline from last season because that was wank. Wondered how they would deal with Luke Perry and it seemed to be ok, abstract to the whole arc but respectful.

someone else watches Riverdale!

I haven’t seen this week’s yet. I’m hoping this season will be better. Last season was a lot. I think they would benefit from going back to a 13 episode season like the first one.

someone else watches Riverdale!

I haven’t seen this week’s yet. I’m hoping this season will be better. Last season was a lot. I think they would benefit from going back to a 13 episode season like the first one.

Absolutely. Last season was worst storyline and went on waaaay too long.

Catching up a bit.

Killing Eve is really fun. I haven't watched S2 yet - it hasn't landed on Hulu. But I'm excited for it.
Barry's supporting cast is some of the best around.
Fleabag is perfect. If anyone hasn't seen it - please move it to the top of your list and binge it this weekend. It is a really rewarding show with a lot of nuances.

Still working my way through Pose and Sucession. Both are EXCELLENT for very different reasons. I'm enjoying getting through them slowly instead of binging them. It let's it all sink it more.

Some new network shows I've started:
Stumptown. Codie Smulders is fun in it. But I just finished In The Dark (on the CW now on Netflix). The main characters of both are very similar - damaged, dark, drunk, fiercely loyal to those they love, strong morals hidden under a rough exterior. So, we'll see if Stumptown keeps me engaged.

Emergence - this show is NOTHING without Allison Tolman. She has emerged as one of my favorite actresses. I'll let this go a few more episodes before I decide if I want to keep going. The sci-fi aspect may not best translate to network television.

Also - I started re-watching A Different World. I totally forgot Marissa Tomei was in S1. Dwayne is definitely cringe-worthy in S1. But I'm enjoying this nostalgia.

Last edited:
Anybody else tried Mr Mercedes? It’s in its third season and I’d never heard of it until a few weeks ago. I’m currently half way through season 2 and I think it’s excellent. A really strong, well paced detective thriller.

Watched the new Paul Rudd show Living With Yourself in two chunks over the course of just two evenings. Yeah, it’s really short and easy to just rip through. And it’s a nice little series. Nothing completely groundbreaking or anything, but perfectly pleasant and funny and sometimes surprising. Once again, I hope it’s just one season. It works as one contained story.

Anybody else tried Mr Mercedes? It’s in its third season and I’d never heard of it until a few weeks ago. I’m currently half way through season 2 and I think it’s excellent. A really strong, well paced detective thriller.
Thanks for sharing this. Just watched the trailer and it looks AMAZING.

New Mr. Robot of course didn't answer the big question from the last episode, but it delivered on the emotion. When the show takes a break to delve deeper into the characters, I find it to be really effective. I know some people out there aren't going to like this episode at all, but just like with last season's episode with the kid, I found it pretty emotional.

Gonna watch Watchmen tonight. I honestly wasn't that interested in it beforehand. Love the graphic novel, didn't like the movie, didn't feel I needed a tv show. But after reading some pre-air reviews, I'm now very curious about it.

Back