Television

Very little is great and I dont think I've ever heard anyone call it great. It's good to very good and I'm excited for S3

5 Emmy nominations this year for season 2, which is why we started watching in the first place. Granted, I have yet to watch season 2 and it could very well have jumped in quality. I'll withhold my judgement until then I guess.

5 Emmy nominations this year for season 2, which is why we started watching in the first place. Granted, I have yet to watch season 2 and it could very well have jumped in quality. I'll withhold my judgement until then I guess.
I did enjoy S2 more than S1, but feel they are pretty comparable.

Emmys also dont make a great show. Many great shows have never won one (The Wire, Hannibal, Parks and Rec, Deadwood, BCS...)

Very little is great and I dont think I've ever heard anyone call it great. It's good to very good and I'm excited for S3
I think I'd actually call it a bad show, executed very well. The premise and convoluted plots are not especially well written, but it's shot well, the actors are fun to watch, and the twists come at regular intervals to keep it from stagnating.

I think I'd actually call it a bad show, executed very well. The premise and convoluted plots are not especially well written, but it's shot well, the actors are fun to watch, and the twists come at regular intervals to keep it from stagnating.
I mean I get what you're saying and I mostly agree, but everything you said equals out to a good show imo

There's a French show on Netflix called Marianne and it freaked the fork out of me. It's the typical story of the spirit of a witch that chases people, nothing new, and it tries to scare you with the most simple things, like a pair of eyes glowing in the dark, a noise under the bed, a door opening, stuff like that. AND IT SCARED THE shirt OUT OF ME. Fortunately, when it's not trying to scare you and forcing you to sit in the edge of the sofa, it's almost a comedy. So it's balanced.

My brother started watching it last night. He sent me a message via whatsapp saying "Bye, I'm not sleeping tonight".

There's a French show on Netflix called Marianne and it freaked the fork out of me. It's the typical story of the spirit of a witch that chases people, nothing new, and it tries to scare you with the most simple things, like a pair of eyes glowing in the dark, a noise under the bed, a door opening, stuff like that. AND IT SCARED THE shirt OUT OF ME. Fortunately, when it's not trying to scare you and forcing you to sit in the edge of the sofa, it's almost a comedy. So it's balanced.

My brother started watching it last night. He sent me a message via whatsapp saying "Bye, I'm not sleeping tonight".

Seen a lot, don't remember a lot. Most recently, i finished Unbelievable on Netflix. It's really, really great. Some scenes are a little too...I don't know...network procedural-y, but as a whole, it's an incredible story (and a true one at that). And everyone is really good in it.

I will watch it at some point. But I do not have high hopes for it. Since S1 and S2 pretty much ended the exact same way.

Is S3 the last season? Or is that me hoping that it is? Lol
Yeah, also saw season three recently. It's a mess. I think the show does a good job with some key plot lines throughout all of its seasons, but every season has major issues. S3 has the most issues. It's just ridiculous.

Also just started Succession. Two episodes in. Like it, don't love it. The Righteous Gemstones is...okay I guess. Don't get the love for it.

Seen a lot, don't remember a lot. Most recently, i finished Unbelievable on Netflix. It's really, really great. Some scenes are a little too...I don't know...network procedural-y, but as a whole, it's an incredible story (and a true one at that). And everyone is really good in it.

Yeah, also saw season three recently. It's a mess. I think the show does a good job with some key plot lines throughout all of its seasons, but every season has major issues. S3 has the most issues. It's just ridiculous.

Also just started Succession. Two episodes in. Like it, don't love it. The Righteous Gemstones is...okay I guess. Don't get the love for it.
I am finishing up Unbelievable tonight. It is so good! Toni Collette and Merritt Wever are superb. And I like how the
rape scenes
are not in your face. We know they are awful, we don't need to see yet another one on the screen. The writers knew this and so didn't put it in our faces more. They instead focused on everything that comes after. And it is great.

I recently started Succession. Give it a few more episodes. I love how awful they all are. And that the only competent characters are the women. I don't think it is a show that should be binged. I've been watching one then waiting several days to watch the next one.

Also, Pose??? Have you seen it? IT IS SO GOOD.

I am finishing up Unbelievable tonight. It is so good! Toni Collette and Merritt Wever are superb. And I like how the
rape scenes
are not in your face. We know they are awful, we don't need to see yet another one on the screen. The writers knew this and so didn't put it in our faces more. They instead focused on everything that comes after. And it is great.

I recently started Succession. Give it a few more episodes. I love how awful they all are. And that the only competent characters are the women. I don't think it is a show that should be binged. I've been watching one then waiting several days to watch the next one.

Also, Pose??? Have you seen it? IT IS SO GOOD.
Agree about those scenes in Unbelievable. It feels so focused on the story it is telling and the way it jumps between two (maybe three sort of) perspectives helps really flesh out the characters enough to drive the story forward and bring it to a completely satisfying conclusion. I am going to read the article it's based on tonight. So going in, I was unaware of the outcome, so I was pretty surprised with how it wraps up.

I have not seen Pose. Haven't even read much about it. But I'll check it out based on your recommendation.

Agree about those scenes in Unbelievable. It feels so focused on the story it is telling and the way it jumps between two (maybe three sort of) perspectives helps really flesh out the characters enough to drive the story forward and bring it to a completely satisfying conclusion. I am going to read the article it's based on tonight. So going in, I was unaware of the outcome, so I was pretty surprised with how it wraps up.

I have not seen Pose. Haven't even read much about it. But I'll check it out based on your recommendation.
I know it is a true story and I know that there is an article it is based on (that won a Pultizer, I believe). But I don't know how it turns out. I'm going to wait to read the article until after I finish.

Pose is about the ball culture in NYC in the 80s. It's really powerful and joyous and heart breaking and just awesome.

Harmon Freeman is my new favorite TV character of all time. My wife and I were cracking up at how strange each scene was that featured him.

We are watching/rewatching Star Trek: The Next Generation. Then we'll probably take a break before going with Deep Space 9. We're thinking of going with the Americans next, but we took a break this week to watch the Ken Burns Country Music documentary. Who else is watching it?

They highlighted Hank Williams last night and it was so good but so heartbreaking.

@Bennnnn - I finished Unbelievable last night. That was a rather satisfying ending. I hope that cop lives with that for the rest of his life.

Back