Television

Does anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix? I finished the second series last night and feel.....let down. I dont want to spoil anything but it kind of fizzled out imo.

Does anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix? I finished the second series last night and feel.....let down. I dont want to spoil anything but it kind of fizzled out imo.
Bummer, that's how I felt about the first season and was thinking so far the second season was off to a much better start. Can't remember how many episodes in I am.

Bummer, that's how I felt about the first season and was thinking so far the second season was off to a much better start. Can't remember how many episodes in I am.
It was one of those 'wait, thats it??' moments when the last episode ended unfortunately. They have a clear set-up for the next season, but its not related to the main storyline for this one and to me it just seemed to fizzle out with a lot of loose ends.

I finished S1 of Pose and that show is amazing. Each episode made me cry - for different reasons. Whether it be joy or validation that queer people have it rough but are still humans or heartwrenching sadness. I can not believe I waited this long to watch it. Maybe I was scared to be let down by the portrayal of a part of my society that isn't hugely accepted. I can not think of a character I love more on TV than Blanca. I need to figure out how to watch S2 ASAP.

I also started Carnival Row last night. Just the first episode. It is clearly a commentary on the racism and immigration views in the US right now. It is not in any way subtle about it. It has a cool look. Not sure yet if it is good or not. I'll keep going. But I forgot that The Dark Crystal starts this weekend, right? Carnival Row may be set down for a bit because …. The Dark Crystal!

Yesterday I finished the last season of Orange Is The New Black.
It's curious that I don't particularly loved the show, but I always felt obliged to watch it. It was like every season I had the hope it would be good. The first season was good, and the season of the riot. The other four, not so much. And this last season tried to give a closing to the stories, and it was good in that sense. It was way too long and spent way too much time in secondary stories that added nothing. I think it could've been a great show with three seasons, getting rid of stories that made no sense and were not important at all.

Yesterday I finished the last season of Orange Is The New Black.
It's curious that I don't particularly loved the show, but I always felt obliged to watch it. It was like every season I had the hope it would be good. The first season was good, and the season of the riot. The other four, not so much. And this last season tried to give a closing to the stories, and it was good in that sense. It was way too long and spent way too much time in secondary stories that added nothing. I think it could've been a great show with three seasons, getting rid of stories that made no sense and were not important at all.
I really liked the way it was wrapped up. Not all happy endings at all.

But I agree, there was a lot to slog through. Netflix needs to recognize that they don't NEED to do 13 episodes each season just because they CAN.

Hubs put on BH90210 last night and now I feel compelled to watch the earlier episodes. Trashy hyper reality shows are not normally my thing but it hit me in the nostalgia feels, lol. They got me, I’m the target.

I haven’t watched this week’s episode yet.

I am in season 2 of the old ones and it’s fun to have on while I’m working and doing stuff. You know who remains as the worst?

really all of them. But STEVE.

Caught up now. As far as reboots go, I like the approach taken with BH90210. It’s still dumb entertainment, but at least this version is self aware, and it seems like most of the cast is having fun with it. One thing that is irking me though is the overuse of nicknames. “J”, “Z”, “Tor”, “Shan” and so on. Minor thing, but by episode 4, it is starting to grate on me.

13 Reasons Why season 3.
not finished yet but this is terrible from any perspective.
I will watch it at some point. But I do not have high hopes for it. Since S1 and S2 pretty much ended the exact same way.

Is S3 the last season? Or is that me hoping that it is? Lol

I've been ignoring a million great shows in my queue and doing a re-watch of Mad Men, and I'm not regretting it. There's a stretch of three episodes that have helped solidify this show in my mind as one of the best ever: Season 5 - E6, 7 and 8. Holy shit is it great. Also, I don't remember liking Meagan so much the first time around.

I will watch it at some point. But I do not have high hopes for it. Since S1 and S2 pretty much ended the exact same way.

Is S3 the last season? Or is that me hoping that it is? Lol

So... I watched 13RW.
Actually, it was: episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 skip just straight to 12 and 13. I read on wikipedia what happened in the middle.
Because it's actually not that bad.
IT'S GODDAMN WORSE.

Holy fucking shit, this was bad beyond words. I don't even know where to start.
Just, believe me, don't watch it. Go and bingewatch The Teletubbies. Or Power Rangers. O just watch a wall.
It is so stupid, it underestimates the audience so bad, I felt I was being treated as an idiot the whole time. Nothing makes sense, the resolution is beyond idiocy, and, oh, remember the cliffhanger of season 2? Yeah, well, they threw away the guns and that's it.
I hope there's not a season 4 of this huge amount of crap while they canceled The OA or Santa Clarita.

God Damn, the Sinner hooked me again this season.

I liked Mindhunter better this season but
I felt the storyline with the kid just seemed so convenient in a completely unlikely way just to illustrate the (possible?) early signs of a sociopath, it seems clumsy to have it coincidentally be one of the team member's kids.i feel like it would have worked better if it was just someone else like the BTK scenes.

The ending was really anti-climactic, but was kind of what I was expecting as soon as I realized it was the Atlanta child murders. I was kinda hoping they would change it and pretend they definitely got the guy, not sure if that would have been better though. Weird serial killing spree for them to choose.

Does anyone watch Elite on Netflix? S2 just dropped. I finished it and really liked it. It is about a very elite high school in Spain. 3 students from a different part of town are given scholarships to this elite school. There are a lot of different struggles - Christian and Muslim, poor and rich, straight and gay. They really hit it all. And then there is a death.

Also, I was very wrong about Succession. I did not think I would like it because who wants to watch a bunch of rich white people whine about being rich? Well, you all do, actually. Because it is kind of amazing. It is hysterical and dark. A dark Arrested Development. One of the characters, Greg, reminds me of Jonah from Veep. The characters are garbage humans. Deliciously so.

Back