Television

Ozark is BACK!

I'm really excited for this new/last season. Haven't been as fully engrossed in a show since Breaking Bad aired. Obvious similarities between the two shows help. It's a perfect, turn the lights low and pour yourself a drink type of show for me.
Watching this with a bottle of wine is date night tonight!

The Gilded Age is already the type of shit I find a (very) guilty pleasure, but then this mf Fellowes went and cast the thing with a who's who of people on Broadway. My kryptonite.
I have no clue about Broadway but a Fellows period drama with Christine Baranski and Carrie Coon being bitches to each other. I am all in. The first episode was beautiful.

I have no clue about Broadway but a Fellows period drama with Christine Baranski and Carrie Coon being bitches to each other. I am all in. The first episode was beautiful.
Baranski, Audra Macdonald, and Kelli O'Hara are all Broadway royalty, but then you have folks like Patrick Page, Michael Cerveris, Denee Benton, Katie Finneran, Kristine Nielson, Celia Keenan Bulger, John Douglas Thomas, and I'm sure others I'm missing who've had at least one famous Broadway appearance, a few of them with Tonys. P much every time someone showed up, I was like o shit!!

ok, so the really frustrating thing about Foundation is that half the show is quite good and the other half is a train wreck. I’ve never before felt my interest oscillate so hard between ‘I am compelled’ and ‘I am hatewatching.’

it’s so weird. it’s like two different crews made two different shows and then edited them together.

I’m excited to watch the Gilded Age, but trying to wait so I can watch more than one episode at a time (I hate waiting haha).

I’ve neglected my Hulu subscription for a few years and have been on a binge of lots of different ok shows over the past few weeks:

• Love, Victor - watched both seasons; love this show; the kids are all so sweet and decent to each other, and I can’t get enough Ana Ortiz.

• Shrill - watched just the first season so far; Aidy Bryant is one of my favorite snl cast members in recent years and it’s set in my hometown of Portland. It’s kind of fun but also kind of sad and depressing. I’ll probably watch more but it’s not something I’m really excited about.

• You’re the Worst - I’ve watched the first season and still can’t really decide if I like it or not. I feel like I’ve seen a lot of love for it in this thread but searching “you’re the worst” doesn’t really locate anything about the show in this thread since the words are so common lol. Does it get better or should I quit now?

• Difficult People - probably the funniest of any of these shows. I’ve only watched season 1, so not sure how things go after that point. I enjoy Billy Eichner in general, though.

• A Teacher - ugh, wow. It makes your skin crawl but also just feels on the surface like any other show about high school. It’s hard to tell what the point is because they try to make this story of a teacher-student affair feel really sexy and romantic. There were also some really odd music choices, like hearing Kendrick’s “Alright” just seemed bizarre in the context of this show. The last five minutes of the finale were good but also kind of felt rushed/chopped off. I feel like my mind needs a shower after that show.

• What We Do In the Shadows - just watched the first episode and loving it so far. Will probably end up being funnier than Difficult People.

• The Great - I liked the first season well enough, and just started the second season. Nicholas Hoult and Elle Fanning are decent but sometimes it feels like they’re trying so hard to be witty that it’s almost annoying. The show overall is a little hyper and all over the place, so I don’t always have the energy for it haha. But it is fun and different.

I’ve also watched the first seasons of Archer and the Americans but never got around to revisiting them.

Other shows I might check out: Handmaid’s Tale, Justified, Lodge 49.

I’ve already watched Only Murders in the Building and Nine Perfect Strangers (and a bunch of other older shows in the hulu library).

Any other recommendations?

I’m excited to watch the Gilded Age, but trying to wait so I can watch more than one episode at a time (I hate waiting haha).

I’ve neglected my Hulu subscription for a few years and have been on a binge of lots of different ok shows over the past few weeks:

• Love, Victor - watched both seasons; love this show; the kids are all so sweet and decent to each other, and I can’t get enough Ana Ortiz.

• Shrill - watched just the first season so far; Aidy Bryant is one of my favorite snl cast members in recent years and it’s set in my hometown of Portland. It’s kind of fun but also kind of sad and depressing. I’ll probably watch more but it’s not something I’m really excited about.

• You’re the Worst - I’ve watched the first season and still can’t really decide if I like it or not. I feel like I’ve seen a lot of love for it in this thread but searching “you’re the worst” doesn’t really locate anything about the show in this thread since the words are so common lol. Does it get better or should I quit now?

• Difficult People - probably the funniest of any of these shows. I’ve only watched season 1, so not sure how things go after that point. I enjoy Billy Eichner in general, though.

• A Teacher - ugh, wow. It makes your skin crawl but also just feels on the surface like any other show about high school. It’s hard to tell what the point is because they try to make this story of a teacher-student affair feel really sexy and romantic. There were also some really odd music choices, like hearing Kendrick’s “Alright” just seemed bizarre in the context of this show. The last five minutes of the finale were good but also kind of felt rushed/chopped off. I feel like my mind needs a shower after that show.

• What We Do In the Shadows - just watched the first episode and loving it so far. Will probably end up being funnier than Difficult People.

• The Great - I liked the first season well enough, and just started the second season. Nicholas Hoult and Elle Fanning are decent but sometimes it feels like they’re trying so hard to be witty that it’s almost annoying. The show overall is a little hyper and all over the place, so I don’t always have the energy for it haha. But it is fun and different.

I’ve also watched the first seasons of Archer and the Americans but never got around to revisiting them.

I’ve already watched Only Murders in the Building and Nine Perfect Strangers (and a bunch of other older shows in the hulu library).

As far as FX shows go you already covered lots of quality. I would probably add; Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Terriers, Dave, Reservation Dogs, Fargo, and Legion are all pretty great and worth a watch.

Lodge 49 x 💯. (So Lodge 4,900)

And Reservation Dogs is one of the best shows of last year.

The Gilded Age is already the type of shit I find a (very) guilty pleasure, but then this mf Fellowes went and cast the thing with a who's who of people on Broadway. My kryptonite.
Ooooooohhhhhhh, I know what I'll be watching this evening.
Lodge 49 is everything I ever want a TV series to be. I keep holding out hope someone else will pick it up, but I guess the longer that passes that seems unlikely.
Me too. If I made TV, I would want to make Lodge 49. I still wish they would have given us at least one more season.

@Ericj32 I love the show Outnumbered, but it's far funnier if you are a parent.

We watched The Gilded Age last night. Love Carrie Coon so we're definitely in to watch anything she does. There is a bit of Downton derivative but New York at the turn of the century is pretty interesting to me. Since it's HBO, I'm sure they'll spice it up some.

Back