Television

Despite Oscar Isaac’s unfortunate British accent I am looking forward to this one. Anyone Looking for primer should give Warren Ellis and/Or Jeff Lemire’s respective comic book runs a go…
View attachment 125405
Greg Smallwood art is appropriately bonkers as well.

Both phenomenal runs!
Looking forward to watching the trailer after I get the kiddo to bed.

Watching the finale of Station Eleven. The more I think on the show the more I love it. The power of the humanities, of literature, theater, and art, and the value and esteem they have after the world ends. It fills me with joy and sorrow at the same time. The world we could have only appears in the ruins of the world we have. It doesn't have to be that way, but the engine of modernity has a mind if it's own. We are slaves to the worst human advances and life needs to slow down for us to realize it could be better. I hope this message comes through the show beyond the surface plot, which is still quite good.
This looks like a show that I would absolutely love. Thanks for the recommendation!
Loved Downton Abbey looking forward to this one…

…And if nothing else it’ll give me an excuse to rewatch Comedy Central’s Another Period.

JULIAN FELLOWES!! JULIAN FELLOWES!!!

Yes, this is an absolute must watch.

This looks like a show that I would absolutely love. Thanks for the recommendation!

JULIAN FELLOWES!! JULIAN FELLOWES!!!

Yes, this is an absolute must watch.
Bums me out that he's a Tory, but Downtown Abbey was a guilty pleasure (the 3 seasons I watched at least), and I'm a slut for rich people problem shows, I'll probably give this a watch.

Search Party season 5 is weirdly fascinating but not really doing it for me, for much the same reasons brought up already. The humor has gotten even broader and the influencer characters are really thinly and annoyingly drawn in a way that makes it tough to have to hang with them for so much screentime.

What really is confounding is the previous seasons, while each has been unique, have been drawing an arc of sorts for Dory, and this season has fully tossed that by the wayside in favor of this enlightenment storyline. To go from season 4, where her fantasy world crashes down around her and she realizes there are very real, terrifying consequences to her actions...to just make her characterization "placid assurance of enlightenment" for season 5 feels very empty. I still have two episodes to go, but Alia Shawkat has had nothing to do but play gaslighting guru; the performance is committed, but the character is one-note.

We tried watching the first episode and the hubs fell asleep on it. I hung in for the whole episode but, I wasn’t completely sold, but I wanted to give it a chance. Should I just abandon ship?
Pretty much the same boat here. Mrs couldn't make it through the first ep. I made it through 3 eps, but the last one I watched I hit the 15sec skip a hell of a lot of times.

We tried watching the first episode and the hubs fell asleep on it. I hung in for the whole episode but, I wasn’t completely sold, but I wanted to give it a chance. Should I just abandon ship?
I’m watching it with a friend and we’re six episodes in. The Lee Pace/Empire stuff is actually really good, but the other half of the show is a contrived mess, poorly executed.

Stick to For All Mankind, imo.

Back